Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

XP : 37919
Love : 1

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySun May 22, 2016 4:54 pm

After the Wolves fled, it had become calm, allowing Maria a moment of respite. Even the crickets had stopped chirping, leaving nothing but the sound of the wind rustling the forest leaves. It was quiet now, but something could be felt nearby with a very oppressive presence, almost enough to make one sick with fear; a primordial fear. 

Maria's exhaustion made her less aware of the imminent danger, but whatever it was, it did not come any closer, not close enough to be seen by anyone in the area, at least. This mysterious presence lied in wait for the feline Qin to make her move, long enough so that she could get at least an hour or two of rest.

(You will be fully rested (more or less) and have all of your HP/STM back, but you must either look for the Amarok's lair or return to Drakestone and abandon your quest. The choice is yours.)

(2000 EXP earned for chapter completion)
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

XP : 16706
Love : 2

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon May 23, 2016 12:16 pm

After approximately two hours of rest, Maria rose to her feet and took a moment to brush herself off. She had underestimated how hard fighting a pack of wolves would be. But she would not be deterred. The nyanqin once more began searching for the den of the Amarok, determined to maintain her search regardless. She stumbled around for a while searching every nook and cranny she could, her ears perked up and alert for any sounds around her. Now that she was alone Maria knew she had to be even more vigilant, as she no longer had anyone to watch her back.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyWed May 25, 2016 3:10 am

Maria wondered aimlessly, searching every nook and cranny along the way, but to no avail. But one thing caught her eye: a giant tree that stood well above all the others. It stood over a mound that looks like it had been cultivated over the ages. And in the mound, was a large opening that looked like it went a ways beneath the ground without any signs of its structural integrity being compromised. This could possibly home to this beast that she had been searching for. Whether or not she wanted to come near the den was her choice, well aware of the potential danger.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:12 am

Maria gripped her staff tightly and thought to herself for a moment. The black-haired girl let out a soft sigh, "Sometimes I worry that I have a death wish." Before heading forward she retrieved the sword that she had found after her prior battle. If nothing else, she could maybe sell it or give it to someone in need of a better blade later on. Then she turned back towards the mound. Despite her gut screaming at her to turn back, the young girl walked forward and entered the mound. Her tail flicked about nervously, as did her ears. She had come this far, she wasn't going to turn back now.

Last edited by Lufia_WhiteWolf on Fri May 27, 2016 5:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grabbing sword)
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

XP : (-)
Love : 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyWed May 25, 2016 9:56 am

Moderator notes*
I just want to note that there is no mention of Sakuya after the battle and that Maria did not take the STR weapon after the battle.
Back to top Go down
https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySat May 28, 2016 3:51 am

She cautiously approached the small hill and inspected the burrow. A large gust of wind came blowing through, enough to almost knocked Maria off her feet. A strange warmth was emanating from the opening, as well as a stagnant stench. Still feeling brave, she ventured down into the subterranean dwelling. The entire inside had been carefully smoothed out by something and was free of most grooves and stones. 

When she arrived at the base of the dwelling, there were piles of bones set neatly next to one another in a row alongside the rounded walls and a messy bed made from dry grass, dead leaves and flowers. The ground looks like it's littered with bonemeal, perhaps made from an excess of bone matter that was too much clutter. As Maria snooped around, she felt a hot gnarly breath crawl from her neck and down her back. It was quiet, but a snarl could be heard just behind her. Whatever it was, it was smart enough to sneak up on her with her noticing.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySun May 29, 2016 9:37 am

Maria poked at the skulls on the ground with the end of her staff. "Well, you sure seem to have had quite the number of meals. Hopefully I'm not going to be the latest pile of bones around here." It was then that the nyanqin could hear the snarling behind her. Maria turned around to face the entrance, she had a feeling this was going to happen. She prepared herself for what was behind her. Her tail stood straight up and a low hiss left her lips. "Let's see how tough you really are," Maria thought to herself as she prepared to fight whatever came down the tunnel behind her.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyTue May 31, 2016 11:29 am

When Maria turned around, she stood face to face with the Amarok she had been looking for. It was taller than any common man and was rippling with muscle underneath of it's mangy fur. Even though it has tried caring for it's hygiene, the smell of animal carcasses still lingered. The beast let out a loud roar to let her know who she's dealing with. The only way back out was through the tunnel behind the Amarok, so she would have fight it if she wanted to leave in one piece.

(Move to this thread to commence battle https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net/t719-chapter-4-maria-vs-amarok#14327)
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 5:38 am

Wolfwood
The Black Beast "Amarok"

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Amarokscene

The battle ensued and Maria fought the terrifying beast one on one. Magic was Maria's primary weapon against the brutish feral creature, and for some time it had proven to be quite effective. However, the gap between her abilities and the monster's power soon showed. It was physically impossible for the tiny Nyanqin to beat the Amarok's strength. 

The Amarok traded blows with Maria. Every spell she cast against it, merited a counter of deadly swipes of it's deadly claws the size of a sword. It didn't matter if the Amarok was weak against the magical element Maria used, it's attack was still a lot more powerful compared to the Nyanqin's.

Another clear disadvantage against Maria is the Amarok's high speed regenerative abilities. No matter how much damage Maria's attacks did to the monstrous black beast, it's body seemed to quickly recover from it. Furthermore Maria was showing signs of fatigue, in fact she nearly ran out of stamina while the Amarok was barely using any.

Ultimately, Maria was defeated. She was brave enough to face the creature on her own, but not nearly strong enough to best it. The Amarok caught Maria with it's powerful claws, dealing several fatal wounds to her face and body. The blow was so powerful that it splattered Maria's blood and some of her flesh, three to five feet away. However, it does not kill her right away. The Amarok walked over and loomed above Maria. It sneered at her and gazed upon her like a carnivore staring down on a delicious and bloody pile of meat. 

Maria loses consciousness. But a some hours later she wakes up and it's morning. She finds herself inside a cottage in the woods. Her clothes were torn to shreds, revealing most of her naked body, but her wounds were miraculously gone. Was it all just a dream? Remnants of her dress suggested otherwise. It was covered in blood, her blood. 

A leafy delicious smell began filling the air. A noise of someone grinding something small and round could be heard from outside the cottage.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 8:15 am

Maria slowly and painfully sat upright. She couldn't help but smile for a moment. "I'm alive. I actually survived." The nyanqin slowly raised herself from her resting spot and looked around. She was distraught that her robes had been torn to shreds, but that was a minor concern. She could hear her stomach growling as she continued to inhale the delicious aroma in the air. She held one arm across her chest and the other covering the lower portion of her body. She didn't want to risk her clothing falling completely apart and leaving her nude in front of a stranger. She cautiously poked her head outside of the cottage looking for the source of the grinding sound.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 9:09 pm

Wolfwood
The Black Beast "Amarok"

The glare from the sun hit Maria's eyes sharply. Outside, there was a dark haired Qin woman, using a mortar and pestle to grind some herbs and spices. At first, it seemed that she didn't notice that Maria was already up and about. She wasn't wearing much except for some fur armor. A few seconds more, she acknowledged Maria's presence and said, "There's a change of clothes in the house. Get changed and go back to wherever it is you came from. If I see you in this woods again, I'll kill you."

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Sceneqinfemme

The Wolfqin continued grinding herbs and spices. It looks like she was preparing for a feast with all the meat and vegetables she's prepared. But there were no signs of other people living with her in her small cottage. She wasn't very welcoming, but she did let her rest in her cottage. There's still the question of what exactly happened after Maria passed out and how did she survive her wounds.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 4:05 am

Maria silently went back inside and found the change of clothing. After she dressed herself she stepped back outside more confidently. She walked over to the wolfqin and bowed toward her, "Thank you very much~. I don't know how, but I'm glad I survived my wounds~." The nyanqin stood back up straight, and her voice took a more serious tone. "Unfortunately I can't leave yet. I came out here for a reason and I'm determined not to quit yet. Not until I've gotten the strength I'm looking for." She gave one final bow, "Thank you again for your hospitality~. I'm sorry if I've 'caused you any trouble~."
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 6:43 am

Wolfwood
The Black Beast "Amarok"

As soon as Maria stepped out, the woman's large ears twitched. The involuntary movement was small yet noticeable. Then she continued with her grinding. It was understandable that Maria had questions about last night, but what the woman didn't like was the girl's perseverance to stay in Wolfwood.

The Wolfqin got up from her sitting position, leaving her mortar and pestle on the wooden table, and furiously walked up towards Maria. She placed her mouth beside Maria's ear, growled and said, "And what exactly is it that you are looking for?" Her voice seemed to have changed in tone and there was a feeling of hostility in the air, like she was ready to kill Maria if she gave an answer she didn't like.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 4:52 am

Maria didn't like having someone this close to her, especially someone so obviously hostile. But she wasn't going to be scared off so easily. "I'm looking for the Amarok. I know it nearly killed me last time, but I need to find it. Maybe I'm just insane, but it seems like they have a lot in common with us." She took a step back from the wolfqin. Maria's eyes held a fire in them, she hadn't been this serious about something in a long time. "I want to learn why they are so strong, so that maybe I can learn from their example." Her tail flicked back and forth nervously, Maria assumed that this girl probably thought she was insane. And she was definitely not happy that Maria was here, that much was certain.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySat Jul 02, 2016 6:52 pm

Wolfwood
The Black Beast "Amarok"

The Wolfqin laughed hysterically at Maria's statement. She went over to the back of the cottage to pick something up. She dragged the heavy object and threw it on the floor in front of Maria's feet. It was the decapitated head of the Amarok that attacked Lufia last night.

"You found it. Now go." the lady said to Maria.

Another look at the meat being prepared and it showed that it was meat taken from the Amarok's body. This woman must've killed the beast and saved Maria's life. She must be a very capable fighter to have killed the Amarok. But it doesn't answer the question on how Maria was able to recover from the wounds she suffered overnight.

"You want to become an Amarok is that it? Save yourself the trouble little girl. That is one curse you don't want to have, trust me. I've been hunting their kind in these woods for the last seven years. That right there is the last one. If you're thinking about drinking it's blood, it won't work. It has to be alive, and it has to be done during a Blood Moon."

The female wolfqin stood in front of Maria with arms crossed waiting for her to leave. "You want to become one of them, be my guest. If you do, just remember that we'll be seeing each other very soon, and honey Ill be the last thing you ever see. Oh and  you can take the head with you if you want." 
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 1:39 pm

"Fine. Obviously, I'm not getting anywhere by being here then." Maria let out an agitated sigh, this girl was seriously pissing her off. But she did get something out of this conversation, she could become one if she could find one alive during a Blood Moon potentially. "I have one question before I leave you alone though. How the hell did I recover? I know how much blood I must have lost during my fight with it. I shouldn't have been able to recover from it. So how did I?" Her shoulder had been bit and torn. She had been clawed multiple times. The condition of her clothing when she awoke was a clear indicator of how battered she had been. Her ears twitched slightly as she awaited an answer. She didn't want to overstay her welcome too long though, someone this strong being mad at her was something the nyanqin didn't want.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 10:14 am

Wolfwood
The Black Beast "Amarok"

"I healed you with magic. Well it doesn't matter. Leave now or I'll have to finish the Amarok's job for him." the woman said to Maria. The woman didn't seem to have anything else to say to Maria. Perhaps this was a dead end all along. But just as things were starting to come to a choke point, several other Qins arrived from the south. They were composed mostly of Wolfqin, except for their leader who is a Nyanqin.

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead ScenethePack

TRIMIN: "What's this Lyka? Why are you letting out guest go so quickly? She hasn't had lunch yet. She must be very hungry!" Said the white and black Wolfqin with short, human like hair growing on his head and wearing the bone armor. 

RAURRA: "Trimin's right Lyka. Why the rush to shove away our young guest?" the Blue furred female Wolfqin added.

It seems like these were Lyka's party members. But they behaved more like a Pack. Their leader is someone Maria is very familiar with. The last time they saw each other was in Drakestone City. He walks up to Maria and says, J'ASHA: "Long time no see little kitten!" 

J'asha, was once Meera's personal body guard and her top fighter. Now that Meera is dead, he doesn't have to follow her around like a stray dog anymore. He's formed his own group of Qins, all Wolfqins, but not for the Pits or any other tournament. For what purpose is yet to be revealed. But one thing is for sure, they hunt down and kill Amaroks.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 2:44 pm

Maria was beginning to feel a little anxious when the new people arrived. She was especially surprised to see J'asha, but she recovered fairly quickly and began talking to the one person she knew in this group. "Well if it isn't J'asha. Been a while hasn't it~." Maria added a slightly chipper tone to her voice. She was still angry at him, but the humans escaped so most of the bad blood was gone on her part. Most of it, but not all. "I'm glad to see you survived the mess that happened back there. How is life without Meera breathing down your neck sir~?" She was a touch careful not to seem too informal with him, but at least she had a feel for how to talk to him. Though she was keeping an eye out to make sure nobody else seemed aggressive toward her.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Wolfwood
The Black Beast "Amarok"

J'asha nudged closer towards Maria, their obvious gap in height became apparent if it wasn't obvious before already. Maria was about half of J'asha's size in height. In weight, however, the gap was far too large. J'asha was a big cat, Maria was a tenth, maybe more of J'asha's weight.

Even before, J'asha had this tremendously terrifying aura around him. It was more prominent now than it was a few months ago when last they met. It seems that being set free has made him, more powerful and more deadly.

J'asha gives Maria a sinister smile. He looks down at her and says, J'ASHA: "Meera told me to kill you once you screw up, and boy did you screw up. Lucky for you Meera is already dead and I've already taken a liking to you. You remind me so much of your mother. She was a sweet little kitty cat like yourself. Did she tell you about that night we spent together in the mountains? I'm sure she must've it was a very unforgettable experience."

The other wolves seems to have picked up on J'asha's joke and they all laughed in unison, except for Lyka.

J'ASHA: "I understand you're looking for Amaroks. We are too, the wilds ones, in particular. Maybe you want to join our group. We're always open to NEW recruits."
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyWed Jul 06, 2016 5:43 pm

Maria looked J'asha in the eyes, "No she didn't. But my mother had a tendency to sleep around, so I'm not surprised she forgot about you. One guy looks like the rest to her." Maria eyes were cold at this point. There was no love lost between Maria and her family. She cared only about her father, J'asha would have to try harder to get under her skin. "I'd really rather you not compare me to that sleazebag. But aside from that, I wouldn't mind helping you hunt an Amarok or two." Her tail had stopped flicking about and her face could hardly seem more cold. She was intimidated by J'asha, but her hatred for her mother was outweighing her other emotions right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next