Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

XP : 15819
Love : 0

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 1:02 pm

Sakuya coughed a bit, she remembered clearly what she saw, but couldn't really process it at the moment. The main concern of hers was the fact that she almost died and the feeling that she may have swallowed a little too much water during her struggle. She was feeling quite thirsty and laying down in her wet clothes has given no benefit to her health. Thankfully the place where she washed up was having sunny weather which was a nice change from the storm she was stuck in before. She sat up and took a good look at her surroundings, she had felt leaves falling on her for a bit now and she could finally see the tree they were coming from, the leaves were a lovely shade of red with a shape resembling that of a maple tree. Sakuya knew little about botany or forestry though so she couldn't say for sure. Still the feeling of these leaves and the sight of the tree were as good a sign as any that she was alive. She took a few of the leaves and put them inside her pocket. She would  have to find out just what they were later, because despite how insignificant they may seem, they took a special place in her heart as a symbol of her survival from this ordeal.

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Big_thumb_5934441ffad18d56873d1a6095e3b117
She moved herself slowly onto the shore and laid down allowing the sun to dry her off. By the time she felt like she could move normally her clothes were dry. She slowly got to her feet and walked around, there seemed to be a hut nearby, but she wasn't sure she was in the state of being to be too chatty with anyone, so instead of seeing if it was occupied she for now decided to climb the nearby tree and lookout over the island, able to see the city of Sunsilk in the distance though of course at that time she didn't know the city's name.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

XP : (-)
Love : 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:18 pm

Wanderer's Hut, Yawning Isles
The Samurai

"Hey you should get down from there, it's not safe." A voice said to Sakuya. Just as she would look down to see who spoke, a swarm of Soth Fly Larvae was crawling up Sakuya's legs. Some of them were even burrowing themselves inside Sakuya's skin. These particular species of Larvae were the size of a pea and had sharp teeth, used for biting and burrowing into meat. Once burrowed inside the tissue, the Larvae feeds on the surrounding tissue for nutrients. It stays in there for 2 weeks until it finally emerges as an adult Soth Fly, which can grow up to 4 inches.

The numerous Soth Fly Larvae bite into Sakuya's flesh and burrowed inside her legs. Some of them were even on their way up to Sakuya's private parts, looking to burrow themselves there. The tree is infested by thousands of their larvae, the Adult Soth Fly lays its eggs on the leaves of the tree waiting for insects or other, larger animals to pass through so that it's larvae may lash itself in to it.

The man who warned Sakuya was a dark skinned adult human male. He was wearing swimming shorts and carried a net full of many types of fish. From the looks of things, he just got out from the water and saw Sakuya up in the tree.
Back to top Go down
https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 11:06 pm

Sakuya found it rather odd she didn't sense such a large amount of these larvae on her way up the tree, because she'd have to imagine they would be hard to miss unless they were hiding themselves in the tree or on the opposite side. She had to guess their smell also had to be quite weak to be overpowered by the tree. Anyway she had had enough of situations like this, and was hoping for a little peace so this moment quite upset her, which is why it was no surprise that when she jumped from the tree and landed she took her tanto and ran it down her leg, the sharp edge of her tanto cutting through these larvae as she used her free hand to knock the rest away and crush them with her foot. Any mouths that were left trying to burrow in she pried out with the tip of her blade. She continued checking herself thoroughly and removing the larvae until she was clear. Her legs were bleeding a bit, but thankfully she was skilled enough with a knife that there shouldn't be any scarring. She wouldn't let that tarnish her image of the tree though and just saw it as a lesson learned. ((A lot of her pics have her with a shield of buckler with a leaf on it, trying to give it significance in the story))

She then turned to the man on the beach "Sorry about that disturbing display. The ship I was on sank and I just washed up here and frankly I don't know much about this place at all."
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 1:32 pm

The Samurai

The man would've helped Sakuya down but it seems like she's got everything under control. He couldn't help but stare as the Wolfqin lifted her skirt to remove the parasites. It's a good thing Sakuya gave effort in removing them all from her body, because even a single Soth Fly could cause potentially deforming results if left untreated. As soon as Sakuya got off the tree, hundreds of larvae crawled down the tree after her. They wanted to eat and Sakuya's body was all they could find at the moment.

Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Scenehut

To prevent the larvae from coming after Sakuya the man went over to the tree and took a piss around it. His urine acted as a natural deterrent that prevented the Larvae from going further. "My name is Hunt" the man introduced himself. Then he pointed to the hut in the distance. "and that's my Hut. I call it Hunt's Hut. So your ship sunk eh? That's sucks! What's your name? "
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Sakuya brushed off her clothes and tried to make herself a bit more composed after what she had to do. Her legs seemed to have slowly stopped bleeding from the ordeal, she liked the fact that there was someone around who knew the place, but sighed as she really had no idea where this place even was located. "My name is Sakuya, I am a wolfqin from Ramoa, would you happen to have a map or something information on how I might get back home, or at least to the mainland?"
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 6:24 pm

The Samurai

"Sakuya. What a pretty name." Hunt complemented. This particular island dosn't normally acquire guests. Sakuya was one of the few people who've set foot on this island. It was home to several species of parasites and other manner or weird creatures. It was strange that someone could even survive in this island, let alone live on it.

A large bug was flying around Sakuya, Hunt didn't mind it at first because he didn't want Sakuya to panic. But right before the bug could sting Sakuya with it's stinger, Hunt quickly grabbed it and threw it back into the shrubs. The insect managed go regain it's balance and was flying back towards Sakuya when suddenly a plant closed around it, like a Venus fly trap only weirder, and devoured the insect. 

"A map you say!? As a matter of fact I do have one back at my hut. You're more than welcome to join me for lunch." Hunt delightfully invinted Sakuya to join him feast on the fish his caught. Hunt appears to be a cheerful and nice person. He's also very knowledgeable of the things living in this island.

The dark skinned human led Sakuya back to his hut. He had given Sakuya a set of rules she must follow in order to stay alive in this island. Rule number one, was to "trust nothing on this island". No matter how pretty or safe it looks, it probably has some sort of hidden poison or trap waiting for you. Rule 2, "never underestimate anything." Almost anything on this island can kill a man many times the size of Sakuya, no matter how small or how large it is.

Rule no.3, "Always make sure you know where your feet are". There are numerous species of crawlers in this island that can get to you through the ground so it's important to know where and what you are actually standing on.

Rule no 4. "Listen to Hunt"

Rules no.5 "Don't go anywhere in this island, alone."
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 4:40 am

Sakuya's sensitive ears could pick up the fluttering wings of the bug, but she noticed that Hunt had his eyes on it and decided to let him handle it as he could see what it was and she felt she could trust him for now. She listened to his rules and nodded "Those rules seem fair enough for now, also I did happen to see a city while I was up in the tree. Would it take long to get there? I assume that is where a ship would be that would be willing to take me where I decide to go."

She had followed him into the hut and was eager to have some food. Sadly with her being knocked out for awhile and then being shipwrecked she hadn't really had anything to eat for quite some time, and while she wasn't a nyanqin she did quite enjoy fish. She sat down and stretched a bit hoping to be able to relax now that she is in some shelt, but after her earlier experiences she knew she would have to keep her eyes peeled even during moments like this.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 5:47 am

The Samurai

Hunt's hut wasn't big at all. In fact it looked even smaller inside that it did outside. That's because most of the spaces are being occupied by numerous crates filled with jars containing some sort of liquid. Sakuya was asked to sit down on one of the crates that had a lid covering it. Hut obviously lacked chairs and tables. He hunt the net containing the fish he's caught on a post and then took two healthy looking ones out for cooking.

He also lacked a stove or a furnace. To cook his food, Hunt uses charcoal and a grill. Hunt skewered the fish with a bamboo stick and twirls the stick while still inside the fish. Then he pulls the stick out and together with it the fish's innards. He proceeds to clean the fish and then places it on top of the grill, and then seasons the fish with some salt and pepper.

While the fish cooks, Hunt pulls out a dirty old map from his pile of stuff and shows it to Sakuya.
"City? There are no cities near here. The closest town is Sunsilk. But it's a not as close as you might think it is and I have no boat so..... Why don't you stay here for a couple of days and we'll work something out."
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Sakuya smiled a bit as the scent of the cooking fish filled the room, her stomach growled as if to show how excited it was to be able to eat soon. She snickered and brushed it off in case it was heard, she then leaned over the map as it was presented to her, "Ah yes Sunsilk is the place that I saw while I was up in the tree. The place looked rather bustling for a town which is why I figured if I was to find a way home to the mainland it would be through there. I wouldn't be opposed to staying a bit if there were a good reason, if not I'd prefer to get to Sunsilk as soon as we can. I am not sure how much progress I can make in my research or training while on the island. I also need to find a smithy or a sharpening stone to hone the edge of my sword"
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 2:24 pm

The Samurai

Hunt shook his head left and right and said, "We? I hope you're not talking about me because I am not leaving this island. If you want to go to the mainland you're going to have to swim, because I've already told you I don't have a boat. As for your sword, you're more than welcome to use this tiny whetstone that I use to sharpen my knife."

Hunt flipped the fish to prevent one side of it from burning. He took the tiny whetstone from the kitchen and threw it over to Sakuya. "You should eat, it might help with your hearing and memory retention." he said.

There wasn't much to do inside the hut. Nothing really out of the ordinary except for the jars of mysterious liquid. By the looks of it, Hunt had them stored inside barrels as if he were selling them. But there's no one to sell to in the island. Perhaps someone comes to pick it up from time to time. 

Suddenly there was movement outside, behind the hut's wooden walls, right beside Sakuya. Perhaps it was the wind, but it sounded more like footsteps. Hunt was busy grilling the fish and didn't seem to notice it. Then a weird scratching noise is heard from underneath the wooden floor boards just beneath Sakuya's feet. Something was definitely moving around her.
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 6:52 am

Sakuya glared at him for that comment he made about her hearing and memory, ""Perhaps you should have a double helping then as I never mentioned you going to the mainland. The only time I used the term "We" was in reference to going to Sunsilk which is the town you mentioned is on this island, so I'd assume there would be no boat needed am I correct? I mean maybe it is impossible to walk there for some unknown reason to me,  but known to you as the master of this island, but that lack of knowledge on my part would have nothing to do with my hearing or my memory. Anyway all that being said I would love to eat."" She smirked and pocketed the whetstone for now, not planning to sharpen her blade until after she ate so she could focus on the task as she found it relaxing. She heard the noise and moved quickly using her dexterity to nimbly move up to a clear spot on the table and then moved up to one of the stronger areas supporting the roof where she felt she could be safely perched and she took out her wakizashi. She was sure this might look weird to Hunt so she informed him the she heard something under the floorboards. "I heard something under the floor, and upon your sage advice decided to take precautions. Know what might be under there?"
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:13 am

The Samurai

Hunt kept his back turned and just smiled at Sakuya's comment. The fish he was cooking was nearly ready and Hunt was preparing the to serve the dish. There's an odd smell in the room, Sakuya's keen nose could easily pick it up. It was coming from an opened bottle containing the mysterious liquid.

"Those are Tremites, they're feisty little critters that can grow up to about 30 to 50 feet long. I wouldn't worry about them. They hate this stuff and the smell should keep them out." Hunt commented, pointing to the mysterious liquid. Hunt then served Sakuya a plate of perfectly cooked fish. It was preferable that Sakuya ate something in order to regain her strength after being involved in a ship wreck. Hunt also fixed himself a plate and sat beside Sakuya.

The essence coming from the liquid seemed to have shooed away the Tremites Hunt was talking about. Though the scent did nothing to Sakuya physically or mentally, however, psychologically the smell was bothersome and made it difficult to enjoy the meal in front of Sakuya.
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:32 am

Sakuya sighed as it seemed that this island had plans to kill her, and at this point she wasn't quite sure why a person like Hunt or any of the people in Sunsilk would want to live on an island with such pesky dangers. She sat back down once the threat had left the area, but she really wish that new scent didn't have to be involved.  To combat the smell she slipped off one of the  sleeves she kept on her arms and tied it around her face like a bandanna, this served its purpose to help reduce the scent's effectiveness against her to a minor level to the point where it didn't effect her appetite. She waited for Hunt to set the plates down and then casually swapped his for her's without trying to hide it at all. She snickered and winked at him "Rule #1 remember." She used her tail to waft away the scent as well and waited to see if he would try to switch them back before she dug in, not that she would care if he did.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 5:31 pm

The Samurai

"Aye! Rule number one. We'd be dead by now if it weren't for those rules. My family has lived in this island for seven generations. We've learned to coincide with the island, and to make money off of it." Hunt said tapping the crates filled with bottles of the mysterious fluid.

"This right here is Marlobo fluid. Potent in it's natural form, a tiny cup is enough to kill an adult Behemoth, but my family have learned how to treat it and make it into one of the best tasting ale's in the world. This is my business, this is my life. So you understand why I can't leave this place. But you can, you just have to wait."

Marbolo Essence is an illegal type of ale that Hunt markets. It's effects can cause hallucinations, altered perception of time and behavior, and death. It's very potent to humans but Qins are more resistant to it's effects. However, this makes the Qins a better target for it's marketing. Because Qins are slightly more resistant to the Drug's effect, they are more prone of becoming addicts to the said drug. In fact, more than 23% of the Qin population are addicted to Marlboro Essence. Furthermore it has been proven that the drug is linked to more than 30% of all Qin deaths.

"A ship comes by every quarter of the year to pick up my supply. You're welcome to have a taste if you like. I'd be happy to let you try a vial for free." Hunt said to Sakuya right before he started chowing down as well.
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Sakuya was a quick eater and had just finished her portion when Hunt revealed just how he made his living on this island. She had heard of the product before, it would have been hard for a Qin not to have heard of it at some point given its infamous status in the community. Sakuya had a tough decision now, this man was a supplier of what is essentially a plague on the Qin community, removing him from the supply line could help a few Qin from falling into the grasp of it, but this man was also the person who was going to get her off this island. She pondered on if she should take him out and take her chances waiting for the ship or surviving the island. She could let it go for now or try to sabotage his supply. Either way she had some thinking to do. "I am aware of your product, and I am not interested. I know many Qin enjoy it, but I am not one of them."
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 5:49 pm

The Samurai

"Well it's not for everybody." Hunt remarked.

He had also finished his meal. He took his plate and Sakuya's and left in on the sink. Moments after Sakuya had digested her meal, she started feeling a bit funny. Hunt had put something in Sakuya's dish. It was a serum that helped heal Sakuya's wounds, but the side effect was that it made her drowsy.

"You can crash on my bed if you want. It's not top class but its what I got. I'm going out for a bit, don't follow me or you'll get eaten by the plants." Hunt said to Sakuya, knowing that the serum would have taken effect by now. Hunt then takes a long black object from the top of the cupboards and exits the hut. The object resembled a sword. Aside from the long black object, he also had with him an empty basket. It seems that Hunt was about to go hunting again.
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:41 pm

Sakuya was feeling drowsy and as much as she wanted to follow Hunt and see what exactly he was up to, she figured with her sore muscles and this drug inhibiting her she wouldn't make it too far. She instead decided to lay down and go into a light sleep knowing that she could just get back up when Hunt returned.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 1:21 am

The Samurai

Around eight hours has passed since Sakuya fell asleep. When she awoke, all the crates containing the Marlboro liquid was was. Not only that, it looks like Hunt has cleaned house too. All his stuff even his cooking utensils are all gone. The only thing he left behind was a note saying, "Last night was fun! Till next time.. -Hunt"

It seems that hunt was lying about a lot of things, including that there was a ship here moments ago that picked up his product. Hunt had been gone a long time, he practically left an hour or so after he exited the hut. Sakuya was screwed over by Hunt. He wasn't a killer so he didn't murder Sakuya. Instead he left her there to fend for herself.

Not a lot of people knew about Hunt's illegal activities in this island, and Sakuya wasn't exactly the type who could keep her mouth shut regarding these kind of things. It was a hard decision but Hunt had to do it for the welfare of his business. 

*Challenge Quest*

Sakuya can either stay in this island or she can take whatever she can to try and build a makeshift boat to ride on so that she can cross over to Sunsilk. You have to roll at least 3 CHECKS in 5 attempts for your boat to be usable, anything lower than 3 checks will mean that your boat is a failure and must be redone. Each check will add 1000 Hit Points to your boat. Once you're done with this Challenge quest, another one will appear.

Every time you try again after a failed attempt to construct a working boat, the XP rewards will go down.

You can roll all 5 attempts in one post. Provided that your post has at least 250 words and it is clearly stated in your post how you constructed the boat.
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:12 am

Sakuya woke up and was a bit surprised she had tried to go into a light sleep but it seems she feel deeper than she ever had before, probably because of the drugs in her food. She was so deep asleep she didn't hear Hunt return or him cleaning out the house or even moving his product and so waking up in the less cluttered cabin was a bit of a shock to say the least. It would seem she was going to have to go with the alternate plan she had thought of in case Hunt couldn't help, and that was of course to make a boat and float it over to the town on the other end of the island. She woke herself up completely and started to get to work. She had plenty of wood at her disposal thanks to the lovely hut that had given her shelter so what she needed was some bonding materials. She left the hut and went to the edge of the forest, being very careful and using all her sense to keep track of any bugs or other creatures nearby. She gathered some strong vines and some particular bulbed plants and stuck a few trees for a little sap. While all of that sounds rather easy it took over an hour to get what she needed. She removed some non-essential wood from the hut and used the vines to tie them together. She created a fire and placed a mix of the crushed up plants and sap together near it, it took awhile but soon these elements became like a glue, she spread this in between each board to help to keep the raft from taking on water. Once she was finished she took the boat to the water to test it out.
Back to top Go down
*bot ffmsl DICE
Battle Bot
Battle Bot
*bot ffmsl DICE

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 4:12 am

The member 'dovenwolf' has done the following action : FFMSL Dice

'Challenge' :
Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Challenge
Result :
Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Eks Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Eks Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Check Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Check Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Eks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 4: The Path Ahead   Chapter 4: The Path Ahead Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next