Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 2: The Pit

Go down 
+8
Acruxis
Zephyros
Lufia_WhiteWolf
[][][][]
Vangran
Freelancer Sota
Notingles
Ish'in
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Zephyros
Role Players
Role Players
Zephyros

XP : 58721
Love : 1

Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 3:19 am

Yui woke up screaming in silence with a mixed expression of exhaustion, fear and pure rage on her face. It would be understandable if she was angry over losing in the training pits, but instead she was angry at her inner duplicate as well. Yui was completely covered in sweat and was breathing heavily, as if she had continued to fight for hours, even though she was only knocked out for a few moments.

Her inner duplicate, which she now dubbed "Ikas", had been taunting her the entire time she was incapacitated. Ikas had been trying to weaken her mentally and grow stronger, to try to gain more influence over her actions. In Yui's incapacitated state, she couldn't even see Ikas or herself in her mind, but she could hear everything. She could feel everything that Ikas was doing to her. Poking, prodding, stabbing, cutting and drowning her over and over again. She felt it all as if it were really happening while she was unconscious, but could do nothing to stop her.

She managed to regain her focus, although her breathing was still quite heavy and audible, taking a long and hard look at the steel spear before her. She wasn't used to working with metal spears, but it looked like a very solid weapon for her. She would have to see how much it weighed and adjust accordingly when she could get a hold of it. She reached for the spear she had used for training, her hands shaking as her body calmed from the very strong rage she had just experienced. Taking a deep breath, she would steady her hand and grab onto the training spear, using it to push herself back onto her feet.

She took a moment to collect herself, feeling somewhat lightheaded as she stood up. With a shake of her head and a couple steps away from others, she resumed her training. She began by making a single forward thrust, before turning around and thrusting once more. She did so repeatedly in order to improve her accuracy, thinking that may be the cause of her failure in the training battle.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

XP : 16706
Love : 2

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 5:31 am

"The child is named Eishi, he was deemed to be too weak and so to test one of the new slaves that were going to fight in the pits she was forced to kill him. She stabbed him, but he didn't die. So I made a deal to fight in the pits and in exchange I got to have him."

Maria took a deep breath before continuing, "So I took him, healed him up and fed him. Gave him clothes and a sword and left him in the care of a traveling swordsman I met named Gene. Who is kinda egotistical, but is still a proper gentleman so I wasn't too worried."

Maria took another breath, "So, I was going to fight in the pits, make sure I survived, and then I'd track them down to make sure the kid was still okay. As for who tried to have your group poisoned it was a person named Meera. She is a nyanqin like myself. Really I think that your group was just to help make sure we won, but the other group is who she really seems to be after. Please don't let her know that I told you, I'd like to not be fugitive for the rest of my life. I'd really suck the fun out of living and make it hard for me to help people."

Maria let out a large sigh. "So yeah, that's that. Anything else you want to know just ask and I shall willingly answer almost anything. Almost, a girl has to keep some personal secrets a secret, ya know?"
Back to top Go down
Acruxis
Role Players
Role Players
Acruxis

XP : 42458

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 7:08 pm

His Rage had paved the way to their victory, and with his vicious flurry of blows, he was able to seize victory against their captors for the first time. Sure it may have been a small victory, but it was worth it. All the sufferings, the humiliation and the beating,all to culminate in this moment, they barely made it. But they did, however this wasn't the end--no. but rather the beginning of them of slowly breaking this humiliating chains of slavery. Whoever remained with them, had to band up. They had to survive and find the end towards this dream like madness, where nothing made sense. You could see images, piece them together but the events fell everywhere.

A small sigh of relief or exhaling from fatigue and pain could be heard coming from Sylvan as he stood over one of the Nyanquins, Battered, bloodied and bruised, but victorious. Sylvan closed his eyes slowly as he slowly felt the pain ache everywhere on his body, from the back of his shoulder, to his arms, to his thighs. He grit his teeth as the adrenaline died down and made him vulnerable--human once again. Too human to his liking.

Inside his closed eyes, he could see a field of pure white snow. The perpetual snow, slowly falling around him and then disappearing on the field. He was back in the French Alps. He felt comfortable with the cold, his raven colored hair blew gently with the wind, and the silence--the deafening silence that he loved so much. He took a step forward and his feet sunk into the snow as it made a low crunching, sloshing sound reaching the lower part of his shin. A rare smile would slowly form on his lips as he would walk forward aimlessly, enjoying the solitude. Until he heard a loud booming voice.

It was J'asha growling and scolding the beaten Nyanquins. Sylvan would slowly open his eyes, awakening from his vision or short daydream, whichever of the two he didn't know. But he knew it felt real, or maybe because he was just missing home so much.

J'asha would then glare at him and he could feel the overwhelming hostility, Sylvan returned his look with a deadly glare, one colder than steel, he didn't need to hide his own mutual animosity towards the large cat.

He was bloody and tired and he may die. But he wasn't going to run. He would stand his ground, almost accepting of his fate but determined to take J'asha with him if it would happen.

Meera would interrupt the would be fight, and they would be given new weapons. To fight in with the pits, and as usual she turned a blind eye on the "sparring session" that could've left them dead. Sylvan examined the daggers that was handed to him, while he kept his dissatisfaction all to himself. They would get them back for what they have done to them, but all in due time.

The Dagger was smooth and just had the right length, it wasn't too short nor was it too long to drag him down when he swung, it had the right arch to make a proper cut and slash. He would slowly run his fingertips on the blade's flat side slowly making his way towards the tip, it was sharp enough to pierce as well. He would wield it backhandedly and do a quick shadow fight to test how it handled. The weapon was light on the grip but heavy near the center of the blade.

Sylvan took a few swings, changing between different handling styles to get a feel on how to move the daggers. He found it well done and well thought of, despite knowing that it may be Nyanquin who forged such a weapon.

This'll do. He thought to himself as he sat down on one of the corners while his wounds were tended to. His gaze would fall upon William, and then Yui. He would need to talk to them, but for now he had his wounds tended.

Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

XP : (-)
Love : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 10:38 pm

For Maria

The Old Crone looked at Maria and listened to her pleas, as the girl talked she began preparing something on the stove.  

"Little one this is very Bad, Drakenstone has a rich history of the fights, it is part of there culture.  Now I am very old and have lived through many eras of law.  But I am afraid the penalty for tampering with the games was death last I heard.  I wonder if your "Benefactor"  was trying to get rid of you for some reason,  Or is this Meera just desperate.  She is clever sending you rather then one of her slaves.  You she can try to place the blame on you and claim you did it for love of her stables.  And as a free person you have that right. But one of her slaves, no their transgressions would fall on her head.  For they are not free to do as they please."  The Queen of Clubs said telling Maria the direness of her situation.    

"On the other hand you are a very honest person, and those are rare in this day and age. Hmm  I will need to think on this."  The crone said thoughtfully.  This girl could be of use to her,  running errands and collecting the vegetables, and herbs she was to old to collect on her own.  Looking up she called out.  "Piper get down here this instant, I want you to find your Brother.  Tell him what has happened.  Find him quikly and tell no others.  As you know this girl will likely die for her honesty if we are not careful"  The old Crone said.  And a young Human girl in her early twenties dropped down.  She wore the insignia of the Ace.  

"Yes Mother I will find him right away...tho at this hour he is likely in the chambers of the queen of hearts."  She said looking at the cat girl like she was a dangerous threat.

"Good Her help could be beneficial as well."  The crone said waving her away "And tell no one else" and with a nod the girl was off giving Maria a hate filled glare the entire time."

As the girl left a whistling began coming from the stove.  "Ahh the tea is ready, good."  And the crone poured two glasses, Handing one to Maria.  "Drink up it will help bolster you.  I am sure you must be frightened, I mean I would be if I was facing public execution at the start of the games along with everyone in Meera's stables."  she then looked at the door where Piper just left.

"Don't mind her sweety she just hates you.  We found her and her brother as small children.  They were among a group of settlers looking for a new home, and your people killed or dragged off everyone including their parents, and even the other children.  They had been hiding and saw the whole thing.  I took them in, well really the whole guild did.  But poor piper hates cats to this day.  So when you tried jumping in the window, she thought it was an attack and leapt to the rafters.  It is good you did not try and attack me.  She probably would have butchered you.  But she is really a nice girl."  the crone said.  

"Now My son, and his "secret" lover will be here soon to see about you.  Until then Sip this tea and tell me.  Did anyone from this guild help you into the building?"  She would be most upset if a member of the guild helped her to do this.  But with the dregs the spades were calling members these days it would not surprise her.

For Danny, Ace, And Sakuya

The three helped the challengers back up.  "You three need a lot of work.  I am going to suggest you stick to the exhibition matches and sty away from the death matches.  But that is up to you"  Decimus told them.  He looked at their outdated equipment.  Danny in particular needed new tools.  Decimus sighed It was really his fault for not seeing it before hand.   For now I will look around for better equipment for you." Decimus sid eyeing up the mop in the corner

"No worries Sir but with your permission We have weapons well suited for them.  Tho in need of training these three are very good recruits and We would love to spar with them again at some point."  the three said.  "We will have the equipment ready for them tomorrow.  we will have them sent to their rooms."

Decimus smiled at that.  He liked those three they were good at getting a bead on where they lacked.  And it was clear they needed a healer desperately.

"Ok  you three this is the last thing, before i send you to rest for the night.  What will you be fighting in tomorrow exhibition matches or the death match tournament?"  he asked Danny and Ace

He then turned to the wolf girl.  "As for you you are welcome to spend the night seeing as we roughed you up a bit.  And tomorrow I would like to invite you to fight in the pits under the clubs.  if you are looking for a guild to represent you we can speak more on that as well"  Decimus said going into recruiter mode.

(OOC please decide where you will be in tomorrows fights.  so I can make final preparations.  Also any specific types of equipment you would like please request in pm.)
Back to top Go down
Notingles
Moderators
Moderators
Notingles

Love : -1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 12:02 am

All was pain... But nothing compared to that episode in the north a few year ago. Being helped up by the guy who jut gave them a beating was quite familiar. This was quite similar to the hazing in the death watch, actually... Turning his rather swollen face to decimus, Danny mustered all his power to be able to speak. "Concidering th... ach... That we lost to a bunch of tired peeps who ain't even yer best, deathmatch is beyond our reach... But i'm still on the deal for exibithions." It wass hard thinking straight, but Danny was in no shape to put anger or frustration on his voice... He'd just challenge these Folks again in a few days... Like in the hazing, it was common to try again to recover face. Now, to wherever they are taking Danny and the other two it was. The wounded man wasn't too familiar with the facilities other than the training fields, the barracks and the kitchen, trully.
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

XP : 15819

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:25 am

Sakuya brushed herself off and sighed as she put away her katana a bit ashamed of how careless she was, but that is what can happen when you aren't regularly training. She also hadn't been in much serious combat so this was a bit of an eye opener. She wanted to be able to shake off this rusty skillset of hers so she could actually carry herself on her journey. "I suppose getting some training in the exhibitions couldn't hurt."
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:19 am

Maria whispered under her breath, "That bitch..." Of course she wouldn't put it past Meera to set her up like this. The problem is that she didn't think about the possibility. Meera had used Maria's kinder side to her advantage, but... "Spare one of them. Redheaded girl, can't speak. She was the one forced to stab the kid or she'd be killed. Let her live at least. If I have to die, at least promise me she'll live. It'd suck if I died for nothing, after all that's why I'm in this situation to begin with is because I wanted to help innocent people."

Maria let out a sigh as she took the cup from the old lady, "Also, I don't care. I'm used to people not liking me. My whole family except my dad did. So, I don't mind. Do you think there is anything I could do to help her not hate my kind entirely though? I mean, I don't blame her. With all the slave trading and the like done in M'hirr I've started questioning how much I like my own race."

Maria took a sip of the tea. She was half expecting it to be poisoned, only time would tell her if she was right or not. She was ready for the death sentence, if it came there wasn't anything she could do to fight it after all. Running would only make it worse. "As for if someone helped me, it was a Spade. Saw me fall outta the tree and even offered to pay me to poison the other groups' water, even paying me extra to not poison them. Was going to leave money in the hollow of the tree if they won the fights tomorrow. Here, this is what he gave me up front." With that Maria handed the old lady the bag of 250 gil. All that was left was to pray she didn't die just yet.
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:46 am

Ace hurt all over. Knocked unconscious for the third time and he'd only been here for like what, two days? Ah hell, he needed some sleep and badly. Some food wouldn't be bad either. His stomach grumbling was proof of that. 

Decimus: "What will you be fighting in tomorrow exhibition matches or the death match tournament?"

Ace thought for a moment and wiped the blood of his lip, there was a metallic taste in his mouth he would have to wash out later. 

"Exhibition match, i swore to my pops i wouldn't kill anybody while i was out here." He hoped that with this loss there would be some things for himself to learn. Alot of things.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 1:09 pm

For Ace, Donny, And Sakuya.

As everyone prepared to rest,  the clerk came up to the group and said.  "Sir Decimus, we have a client.  it seems some thieves made off with A precious family heirloom.  it is really a shame sir, that with all these people crime rates sky rocket.  But the client is adamant about finding it.  It is a silver locket.  The thieves have fled into the sewers, and she wants us to go looking for it."  The clerk said.  

Decimus thought for a moment and said.  Ok you tell the client that we will take the mission.   then he looked at Danny.  "Sorry Kids no time to rest yet.  I have another training exercise, we have been hired to go into the Drakenstone sewers and recover a lost item from some two bit thieves.  It will be a simple Job and it pays well"  Decimus said. as the Clerk nodded.  "She has offered 1500 for the job."  

"See"  Decimus said with a smile "seeing as it is so late I will even waive the ten percent finders fee.  And here drink this before you go.  It is a potent potion that will set you right as rain.  I figured your sore bodies would help you grow stronger, a wise man is one who has endured pain and defeat and whatnot.  but this is a job and one goes to a job full keel. So here drink this and get going, Good luck and Drop the item off with the on call clerk, your payment will be fronted to you upon receiving the item.  One silver locket.  As it happens there is an entrance to the sewers in the freelance basement.  the clerk here will lead you there."  And Decimus handed them the large flask and walked off not even allowing time for argument.  as he turned the corner he thought to himself.  "Should I have warned them to watch out for the rats?"  

Left alone the clerk looked at the three and said "right this way.,  the sewer is not that big it goes in a sort of rib shape,  one main path and about twelve branching paths from the main.  so you should be able to pick up the thieve's trail relatively easy." 

As he spoke he lead them to the basement and handed them each a torch.  "Just return here when the job is finished.  and do not forget the password for the guard to open the door is Harpy Dung."  And nodding to the on duty guard who opened the door he wished the trio good luck with the hunt.   

For Maria
The old Crone looked at her and nodded I thought so.  Did you by any chance get a name from this person.  She was not only peeved that there was such a despicable man in their ranks but he appeared to be using her cherry tree as a place to hide contraband.

"Keep the money Little one, I am rich I have no need for your money" then she saw the way she drank her tea and laughed. 

"Drink up there is no need to worry of poison.  If i meant to kill you I would have done it by now.  No this is a most entertaining talk we are having."  and upon tasting the tea it is found to be a rather tasty blend of honey and cherry it warmed the body and helped relax the mind.  just the smell could put many at ease.

The old woman drank a sip of her's and said.  Little weak for my taste,  and produced a vial that once the cork was removed smelled of heavy spirits.  Pouring some in she said "Ahh much better.  You will find any woman strong enough to start a mercenary band is someone who can drink most knights under the table"  The old lady said with a wink.  She was quite merry but in fact she was worried, but soon there was a knock  and in walked Piper, a late man in his late twenties  and a Woman of about the same age with dark black hair. "Ah Piper, you have brought Nigel and Liza  I assume you have brought them up to speed?"  Piper nodded glaring at the catgirl again, at last until a whack to the head by Nigel brought her out of it.  

"Show some respect you can't hate all cats.  I mean we have a couple Nyanqins in the guild, outcasts mostly but we accept everyone." Nigel said.  And ignoring his sister's pouting he said "Yes Mother we have been brought up to speed.  This is a most terrible predicament.  What should we do?"  he asked

Suddenly the doors opened and four more people entered.  "Why we confront her of course."  the speaker said as he entered.  He was an effeminate man and as he spoke he loked the group over  "Well lovelies it is not often the four Queens meet as such.  Me and Dia over here were just enjoying a night walk, discussing battle strategies when we saw Piper rushing to my dear sister's rooms.  Curious I sent My ace of spades to follow her.  Boy what a tale he told.   Now I just had to meet this little cat."  The Queen of spades said, and with a laugh he walked over to the girl and patted her on the head.  

"Dorian leave the poor girl alone, she was only trying to help.  The queen of Clubs commanded and instantly the guildmaster shrunk away, even he respected/feared the old crone.  "Yes I know that this Meera must pay the consequences but I do not believe this poor girl must pay as well.  As assassins go she is a poor one.  But she is honest and brave and I want her for the guild."  the old crone said matter of factly. 

She looked at them and said "and can the three of you send your Aces away they don't need to follow you everywhere. yes you to Piper Your lessons are done for today.  So all of you leave"  and without a word the personal bodyguards/ Assassins of each suite disappeared silently...well mostly Silently Piper complained the entire time.  But the old lady sensed that despite being tossed out they were likely still lingering 

"Now onto Business, how can we protect this girl and bring her master to justice.?"  the old crone asked.  " we could do a full assault show all of them that our guild means business." Dorian Suggested.  "no that would be to loud this girl's involvement would surely come to light brother.  And our dear matron wants her alive." Liza the Queen of hearts said

"Alive yes but unharmed?"  Nigel said looking at the girl Apologetically.  "Mother do you have any of that horrid drink you used on me and Dorian as children when we would not answer who shattered the windows during training?"  Dorian's face lit up at the memory.  "Well my dear Nigel I never thought you the one to have such sneaky ideas, yes that might work...tho it would be quite painful for the girl."

The old crone nodded "Painful yes but I see what you imply, yes  that is the best solution I believe.   Prepare yourselves we leave as soon as possible.  it will just be us, the Aces, and one sleceted member from each Suite.  But have our elites on standby in case things become hairy.   Be ready, in twenty minutes we leave. I will prepare the girl."  and having been dismissed the foursome left.  despite there differences it would seem with the crones guidance the four could easily work together in a powerful combination.  

She began grabbing various herbs from the shelf and mixing them together.  "I must say I am sorry in advance.  What I am about to give you will burn painfully, and until I give you the antidote It will feel like you are dying.  But you said you wish to be able to return home and with this there is a better chance you can.  I am sorry it will hurt and that is unavoidable.  But I promise this will not kill you. I see a future for you as an agent.  Someone to run personal missions for me, Mostly traveling the world to gather the ingredients I need for my potions.  I am old and do not get out as much and I have depleted many of my rarest ingredients.  So if this works You will be free to go find your friends and travel with them as you so want to.  We may even be able to save those slaves you mentioned.  Of course should it fail, I will be honest Meera, you and her whole stable will likely be given the sword by the city Guards.  But the choice is yours I will not make you drink the poison of ten thousand thorns."  the crone said as she handed the rose scented vial to Maria.  "Either way we will be paying a visit to Meera shortly.  This way at least it is believable you were tortured for the info you divulged."
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Maria was glad the old lady spoke when she did. Nobody but her father was allowed to put their hand on her head. NOBODY! Maria took the vial in her hand and let out another sigh. This was a bigger pain then she had thought it would be. "Three things. One: I'd love to take you up on that job. Two: For future reference, I HATE having people touch my head. Only my dad was allowed to do that and he isn't alive anymore, so nobody is allowed. Three: The Spade's name was Beetle." And with those last words she downed the vial. Pain was temporary, even if it felt like she was dying. Death usually wasn't. She'd take pain over death any chance she got.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 2:35 pm

The Old crone smiled at the bravery of the girl. She took note that she would make this beetle pay dearly for such a betrayal.  One member of the guild was never to allow another to come to harm.  She understood all to well how that potion would react.  While it tasted sweet soon a stomach ache would begin.  it would be like a thousand thorns tearing her insides up.  Then like the dreaded ants of fire that swarmed a target and bit at once.  Every nerve in her body would begin screaming out.  it was generally at that point that the victim would answer any question, just to get the pain to stop.  but for some like her son and his friend, some had to go to stage three where they actively convulsed as if having a seizure as they cried in brutal agony because every jerk and twitch brought another burst of fire to the nerves. and this would last for up to twenty four hours before the person would just expire from sheer torment....tho most had been driven mad by hour three.  As she thought about what this brave girl was about to endure she fondly remembered how two thousand years ago, her master had made her endure it for four hours before he would teach her the way of poison and potion.

It was several minutes later and they were ready to go.  the four Queens of the Guild, the jack of clubs.  all four Aces, and four hand picked soldiers marched towards Meera's stables to have a chat with the slave master, all the while the elites were waiting in the rear just waiting for a signal to all out attack the stables should the need arise.

They had tied and bound the young Nyanqin, and gagged her to muffle her anquished screams.  As they approached The Crone nodded to Dorian who rapped on the door of the stables.  "Hello is anyone here? it is the Freelances deary and we have some Rather dire Business to discuss perhaps it would be best to discuss this inside away from prying Eyes"  The queen of spades called out jovially pointing to their "prisoner" as if it was common for the guildmaster to show up at a home with a tortured prisoner in tow.  

Nigel tried to look stern but he pitied the girl,  however Piper seemed more then pleased to see this girl in agony.  She knew it was wrong but she sorely hated these cats for what they did to her family.  But when the Crone gave a knowing glance to her and the other Aces she put it aside and disappeared into the shadows of the night.  Everyone tensely waited for the appearance of Meera to answer for what she had done.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

Love : 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Meera's Stables

Meera heard the knocking and saw from her window the mob that has gathered outside. They had Maria tied up and by the looks of it the task she had assigned to Maria was a failure. J'asha sensing danger, woke from his light nap and went to greet the troublemakers. He had no weapons on him, just his long sharp claws as he faced the mob, alone, from behind the steel gate.

"Leave... now..." He growled at all of them. Soon, Meera's soldiers came and backed up J'asha. They had their shields raised and their sharp spears pointed at the freelancers. J'asha had been keeping his rage inside him for much too long, he was more than ready to let it loose. He was about to jump over the gate and rip them all to shreds when suddenly Meera opens her door and comes out of her room. Her presence was immediately noticed by her guards and J'asha.

Meera stood from the 2nd floor of her establishment several meters away from the gate. She looked puzzled and angry. "What is the meaning of this? Leave now before I have J'asha rip your heads out from your asses."
Back to top Go down
https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Dorian Smirked part of him wanted to see how this confrontation played out.  But there were other matters to attend to.  "I am Sorry to have disturbed you at this hour, however this little kitten was caught trying to infiltrate our headquarters with a potent toxin.  Hoping to poison our waters.  

Luckily she failed...or her head would already be forfeit.  However My sweet Lass under the influence of a powerful poison of our own...the Poison of one thousand Thorns.  She weaved us a wonderful tale of slavery and rescue.  and how to gain her freedom from the pits you ordered her to poison all the water supplies of the other major players in the pits.  A task she was sadly not meant for.  

And now as much fun as it has been to watch her rolling in anguish.  It seems it is time for you to answer to these accusations as well.  I am sure you know that the pits are an ancient and revered tradition in Drakenstone and the consequences of actions such as those you are accused of are most dire.  So tell us Meera what is so important about these fights you would poison your rivals?  Let us handle this between ourselves.  As it is I see no reason to get the city guards involved, with their investigations.  I mean should they torture your slaves I wonder how many of them saw you give the girl the poison.  

But I see no reason to involve them, seeing as this seems to be a dispute between factions, and no one was hurt."  Dorian said then looking back at Maria said. "well Almost no one was hurt"  as he spoke he looked at the surrounding area wondering if a protracted battle was to ensue.  no matter what he was sure these events would be most entertaining and enlightening, and he would learn a lot about his current foes.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Meera's Stables

Meera looked struck by the this matter as well. She was angered by Dorian's accusations making her claw sink deep within the wooden railings on her 2nd floor balcony. Meera was very good at hiding her true intentions her performance was flawless the look in her eyes says it all. I am innocent

"I did no such thing!" she said with her anger resonating from her voice.

"My family has been in this business for three generations. Don't you dare come here and accuse me of foul play! That girl you have with your, her name is Maria Nightshade. She came to me, desperate and depressed, still mourning the loss of her father. She was begging me to let her fight in the Pits, I refused her because she was weak. But I did allow her to help with some.... waste disposal. She came to see me this afternoon, begging me once more to allow her to fight in the Pits. Then I told her that the list of fighters had already been submitted. She stormed out from my office and that was the last I saw of her, till now." Meera sounded very sure of her statement. She threw a copy of the list of her fighters that were enlisted to fight at the tournament tomorrow at J'asha.

"See for yourself." Meera said to the Freelancers. J'asha tossed the roll of paper to the Freelancers. It was an official copy, signed by the Major or Drakestone himself, of the written list of Fighters for Meera's stables. It had everyone's name on it, even the reserve fighters, all except for Maria, her name wasn't on the list. Meera had planned this all along ever since Maria rudely interrupted her initiation ritual back at M'hrr.

"Now get out. Or I'll make sure none of you leave this place alive." Meera turned her back at the Freelancers and re-entered her chambers slamming the door behind her.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Dorian Looked at the list and smiled at her as she left and called out.  "Or perhaps you promised her a spot in the fights should she comply, this paper proves nothing.  If as you say she was desperate, then it is reasonable you could convince her to do this, even if the lists were finalized.  Of course I could just bring this matter to the guards and the major himself.  I hear they take accusations of cheating very harshly.  I dare say even if you are found innocent the investigation would take longer then the games this year.  I mean the freelances can afford to miss a year in the pits. I do wonder tho could you?  Poisoning the waters of a stable is a very desperate act."  Dorian said as he went to walk away then stopping and turning he called out.  

"Of course the freelances have always had a way of dealing with inter suite strife.  Trial by combat.  We even brought four soldiers to the front,  in case it came to this.  It is a very simple thing.  These four people named as primary fighters, have them come face our challengers.  If they win I will take your word that you had no need to poison the waters, and we will take this girl and see to it she is punished.  You will never hear another word about it.  But if you should lose, well then you will accept full blame for this and we will see to it you make amends to our guild. we will have satisfaction, and the guards will still never hear about this.   Either way if you play nice this matter never need come to the attention of the city guards." Dorian said.  As he spoke the old Crone stepped forward and spoke her mind. 

Meera I doubt your words for two reasons.  One I know for a fact how hard it is to lie under the influence of this poison.  And secondly sure, naming you might be a lie.  But why make up this story of wanting freedom when it would be so much easier to speak a half truth and say she wanted to impress you into letting her fight, or even as the Queen of Spades insinuated that you promised her a place on the list. But she stuck to the You promised her freedom.  And I believe that one point will be enough to give the city guards doubt as well into your honesty.  But if you don't want to let the fates decide.  well then we will be forced to let the city guards... and this stable the Pusong Bato Stables that she mentioned several times in her tortures know of your accusations.  I wonder how they would react to the accusations you planned to poison them?"  The crone asked slyly and as she spoke  Dorian  snapped his fingers and one of the Aces fired a bolt of magic into the sky.  to those not looking it might just seem to be celebratory displays.  however to the freelance elites waiting it was a signal to get ready.

"One more of those and our men have been ordered to not only attack the stables but bring our accusations to those stables involved. "  Dorian said and then he walked back to the group awaiting the decision of Meera.  He was curious as to the power of the stable.  He knew this was about justice for the clubs and hearts.  But for him this was a fact finding mission.  He wanted to see what his spades might face should he enter them into the death matches tomorrow.  He had no doubts she ordered the attack, but the reality was he didn't rightly care.  Had Maria not been caught this failure would be on them for not catching her, that was his belief.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Meera's Stables

Dorian and the Queen's words fell on deaf ears. Meera was already inside her chambers resting at the time. To her the entire accusations were pointless. The Freelancers had no proof other than the words from Maria's dirty little mouth. There was nothing linking Meera to the poison and Maria was a nobody, no one would believe her. Anyone could say anything after drinking that vile concoction it was already proven in the court that their silly mix of herbs and rat's piss was unsafe and could lead to horrendous side effects. Their alibi and methods of torture-like procedures would not pass in court which could only mean that they had nothing on Meera.

To be honest she was surprised they marched all the way here just because of some nobody Nyanqin girl carrying a bottle of rotten milk. It goes to show that the Freelancers had enough reason to take her out. Probably because they had something to do with the sabotage of last year and was more than hasty to finish off the job.

Meanwhile, J'asha and Meera's troops stood vigil over the place. J'asha was mad, he didn't care if Meera was telling the truth or not, he was just raging for some blood. He eyed down Dorian like he was going to be J'asha's next meal and J'asha was not to be taking lightly.

"Last... chance..." J'asha said to the Freelancers. The clouds were starting to move away from the bright round full-moon.
Back to top Go down
Notingles
Moderators
Moderators
Notingles

Love : -1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:31 pm

Before he could be brought to wherever he would be treated, the little episode with the courier happened. Wait, they were to go on a mission right now? Danny was about to voice his thoughts on the matter before hearing "1500". Even if the other two came along, that's still 500 for each. Instead of bursting out, Danny decided to wait a bit more. He was given a powerfull coconition, something superior even to his own health potion. His cuts began to close, swelling went down, bone fragments found their way back to where they originally where from. And all with a taste of cherry to boot! Whoever made this was an expert. And a powerfull one at that. Regardless, Danny and the other two were gided to the basement... An entry to the serwers via basement. That's rich. "So we get in, bash their heads, grab the locket and that's it? We'll be back befre dinner then. Ha!" Said danny grabbing his torch. "Just have someone prepare a bath for us, will ya?" Venturing forth into the dark corridors, Danny took a whiff of the horrid smells... Still more bearable than the union city's port. Needless to say that a bunch of hobos shtting around where people threw away rotten fish gave off the most pleasant aroma this side of Wrozan. Oh, and all the seawater making the wood inflate too. That was fun.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:07 am

Dorian turned and waked away.  "This will be settled tomorrow in the pits then darlings. There is no point in creating a disturbance in the streets.  When My spades face your team.  We will learn the truth.  Until then know this the girl belongs to us now.  And should any further evidence ever come up  we will come down on you full force."  Dorian said with disappointment.  He really was hoping to see Meera's champions in action."  

As they walked away Nigel rushed over to Dorian.  "Is that all we will do? are we going o leave it at that?"  Nigel asked.  

And Dorian laughed "Of course not Deary.  Sadly she is right we have no real evidence,  we knew that going in.  we can levy the accusations but without proof then nothing will be done.  This was for show.  We were doing this to get an answer, and honestly I found hers lacking. But we got what the Crone wanted.  they have disavowed the girl as a member.  So they can not complain when she joins us.  

However to launch a full frontal assault would look bad for us.  Disrupting the peace on the night before the fights.  We tried diplomacy, we issued a challenge to end the matter and it was denied, now all we can do is make the official accusation so at least there is the doubt in peoples minds tomorrow."  Dorian said matter of factly as they returned.

Nigel looked at him and he nodded.  But it was several minutes later as they neared the guild hall  he asked "And you are ok with not getting satisfaction?"    Dorian looked at him a moment and said nothing until they were back in the guild before he answered. 

"As far as getting satisfaction.  My dear Ace of Spades  has already dispatched some of his  friends to attack the place once we are gone.  Once back at base we will let out the official accusation of cheating.  And an hour hence the assassins will strike.  Our hands are clean and it will not trace back to us.  You see the assassins are a masked group each individual wears the same clothing and mask, they are indistinguishable from each other and my Ace wears a different getup when he is with us, So no one will know who the original assassin who ordered the mission was.  Not in any way they can prove at any rate."  Dorian told Nigel softly Nigel was shocked by this method.  But he could not overrule the decision of the guild master.  And the crone was to busy pouring the antidote down Maria's throat along with several painkilling medications to help her recuperate to argue. 

So Nigel just shrank down.  He hated this he wished he could raid the stables but Dorian was right with no proof it would look like they were the ones trying to use circumstantial evidence to wipe out a rival.  Unless there was more proof their hands were tied.

Meanwhile as Nigel had seen the crone was tending to Maria, and as she watched the girl recover she said.  "I am sorry things did not go very well.  They have disavowed you as a member. Played you as a madwoman"  the crone said showing her the piece of paper.  

"The good news is as no one was poisoned your fate is in our hands, as we already discussed.  You will stay here training until such a time as we are ready to send you out. I do believe you have friends waiting for you elsewhere.  Once the games are over I will hide you among all the out of towners returning home, and send you on a ship to join them.  Along with the list of ingredients to find for me.  Just be sure to check in at freelance hideouts, give them the herbs, and I may send special assignments for you."  The old crone said kindly, not hitting on the sad point that as Meera had placed all the blame on her, she was likely an outcast from her home.  "Sadly things will go Meera's way unless you have further proof she ordered you to."  The crone said with sadness. She knew what it meant to be an exile from your own home.  She had hoped that the woman would have accepted the challenge. That would have gone a ways towards fulfilling her plans.  Tho perhaps in a few years Maria would be able to return home.  With  daring tales of last minute escapes, and treasures to placate her tribe.  

"Piper, be a lass and bring her to my room so I can watch over her as the poison dissipates.   also we will be in my chamber writing up a testimony of what happened.  To send to the guards and the other stables.  she and piper would sign it as witnesses to the testimony, and then Dorian would put his seal on it and it would be out.  She doubted much would come of it.  But it made everything official.  So once back in her room, she sat at her desk writing as she watched over the weakened cat.
Back to top Go down
Vangran
Role Players
Role Players
Vangran

XP : 53018

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:20 am

After giving his orders more thought, Thomas left his room in search of Nigel. While he didn't think it would be much of a problem, he did NOT want to have to face a small army while carrying them out. He would prefer not to have the Emperor upset for failing such a simple task. So here he was, wandering the halls of the Shuffle Alliance, looking for one man who might be able to keep everyone in line.

It took a bit of wandering, but eventually he found a patrolling member of the Clubs and asked them where he could find Nigel. "I have urgent business that must be discussed with Nigel, could you please point me to him?" 
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:37 am

The Club guard looked at Thomas and said.  well Sir, Nigel is in the kitchen.  Apparently there was some trouble with a Catgirl trying to poison our water.  Tho she has been captured and taken care of.   He is troubled by it and is in the mess hall eating.  I will take you there sir."

The Guardsman led him to the mess hall.  where the large warrior was drinking some potent draught and eating what looked to be some burnt meat product.  Clearly he had tried cooking himself.  He seemed to be In a dour mood.   But looking up he saw Thomas and said.  hello Sir what brings you here at such an hour?  If you are here for a duel I must admit now is not the best time.  We had a stressful situation tonight and it was not handled to my satisfaction...not at all.  So here I am relaxing.  But if you have any other business I am welcome to it. Anything to get the nights troubles out of mind."  Clearly the nights events had rattled Nigel.   He was clearly not drunken,  just heavily annoyed, and worried.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 2: The Pit   Chapter 2: The Pit - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 2: The Pit
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next