Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 3: Sleep

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

XP : 16706
Love : 2

Chapter 3: Sleep Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyMon Apr 11, 2016 1:44 am

After the destruction of the Pits, Maria spent a long time staying in Drakestone. While she was there she stayed with the Shuffle Guild and spent a great deal of time learning magic from the Hearts. While there she also met Sakuya and the two qin spent a great deal of time studying up on something called the Amarok, something Maria remembered hearing about when she was little. She knew very little about what they were truly like though or even what they are. After having spent as much time together as they did, Maria had offered to have the wolfqin join her as she looked around for more information on the Amarok.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

XP : 37919
Love : 1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 5:38 pm

The small wolf girl kindly declined Maria's offer to look for the Amarok. As curious as she was about this creature, she was too scared to find out anything more about it. She was still a bit shaken up from what happened at the Pits the time before. But she promised her that she'd be in town waiting for her, whenever she might return, giving her a little cheer to pep her up and wish her luck on her journey. With that, she scampered off somewhere to perhaps cause mischief and maybe get some coin in the process. Maria was now all alone in her quest to find this mysterious being.

(Since doven seems to be absent, you're on you own during this quest.)
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 8:50 am

Maria was slightly saddened by the loss of a traveling companion, but she was certain that they would meet up again. Before setting off to hunt down something as potentially dangerous as it, she went into the town's library and looked for any information she could find on the habitat of the Amarok. A rumor, a story from a book, anything that could start to get her a head start on where to find one. The nyanqin calmly walked up to one of the people in charge of the facility. "Excuse me~! Would you happen to know where I could find information on the habitat of Amaroks?"
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 2:36 pm

The librarian that Maria had approached was an elderly human man, about 60 or so. He turned around and adjusted his glasses to get a better look at the girl, hearing out her request for information on the whereabouts of this Amarok. He was a tad spooked by the sudden mention of it's name, but answered nonetheless. "Oh uhh, hmmm... L-let me think for a moment..." It was mostly frightening to some of the older folks in town, since talk of such a beast was more common back then. "Ehh~ There isn't too much information regarding the Amarok, and with good reason! I think there may be a book or two over here. Follow me, please." 

The old man led Maria to the section regarding legends and mythological creatures. "Most people today don't believe that such a monster even exists, but I know! I know all too well." He wore a worrisome face as he pulled a large worn book from one of the shelves; It was a bestiary of prehistoric creatures that would seem unbelievable today. A few pages were sticking out, like they'd been torn and put back inside rather poorly. "Anything known about that beast should be somewhere in this book." He handed it over to her and gave her a warning. "If you're thinking about going after it, I'd advise against it. It's something that shouldn't be trifled with, especially by someone as young as yourself. You hear me!" He then shuffled off with sweat forming on his brow. Maria was now free to dig through the book's contents at her own leisure.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 8:19 am

Maria felt bad about startling the old man, but was glad to know that they were in fact real. She carefully searched through the pages of the old book and scanned each page carefully gleaning as much information as she could about the Amarok. Diet, habitat, appearance. She wanted to know exactly what she was up against, though the words and behavior of the old man did leave a knot in her stomach as she worried about whether she was ready to fight it or not.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyThu Apr 21, 2016 3:19 pm

Diligently reading through the pages, Maria learned a bit more about the Amarok. It is written that the Amarok prefer's solitude and only ever comes out of it's den to hunt for prey or attempt to attract a mate. They are very elusive and stalk their prey while keeping their presence to an absolute minimum. They generally eat woodland critters in forested areas or in grassy plains under the cover of night. 

They are very territorial and will attack anyone or anything that ventures too close to their home. For the most part, they like living in dark places, being mainly nocturnal by nature, such as caves and tunnels. It is also said that anyone bitten by an Amarok and lives, will they themselves become one as well. Their favorite prey among all others is Qin, due to their strong animal scent.

It continued on for a while in more minute details, such as height, colors, behavior, etc. Maria now knew that Amaroks could be found most likely in forests, with one being south of Drakestone. But would she still go, knowing that she could be killed and eaten by this monster?
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 4:58 am

Maria bit her lip nervously as she read the information, but in the end she steeled herself for what was ahead. Carefully closing the book and returning it to the shelf, the nyanqin swiftly left the library to prepare for the fight ahead. She made sure all of her potions were full before setting forth towards the woods south of town. Her ceremonial robes billowing around her as she began her search for the Amarok, staff at the ready prepared to fight for her life when night fell.
Back to top Go down
DovenWaifu
Role Players
Role Players
DovenWaifu

XP : 15819
Love : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySat Apr 23, 2016 4:29 pm

Sakuya ran up from a little bit behind Maria. She had meant to catch Maria before she left the library, but was unable to do so. Thanks to the research she had also done she decided to head towards the city exit leading to the closest forest. It was there that she saw Maria and ran after her. Once she caught up to her she spoke to her "Sorry I blew you off back there at the library. I had meant to go after an Amarok myself and didn't want to drag you into it as you didn't seem to know much about them at the time. Once I saw you head out though I figured you were heading to find one and figured I might as well find one with a friend and make sure nothing happens to her."
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:10 am

Maria let out a small sigh of relief as she was glad to have someone to travel with when hunting something she had so little knowledge of. The black-haired nyanqin smiled gently at Sakuya, "Well, I'm glad that you decided to join me~! We can watch each other's back~!" Her tail swished around happily as she turned back and began leading her friend towards the forest, much more confident now that she had help in case things got too rough for her to handle alone.
Back to top Go down
Gene
Moderators
Moderators
Gene

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 2:29 pm

(Please move over to this thread to continue: https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net/t607-chapter-3-sleep#12022)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 3: Sleep   Chapter 3: Sleep Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 3: Sleep
Page 1 of 1