Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 1: Arrival

Go down 
+5
Acruxis
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Freelancer Sota
Pigloo
Ish'in
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

XP : (-)
Love : 30

Chapter 1: Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySun May 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Chapter 1: "Arrival"

On a July 23, 1997 at exactly 6:14 am a British Airways flight, along with 223 passengers, disappeared several thousand feet above the Atlantic Ocean. The flight was coming from JFK, New York and was headed for Heathrow, London.  There came no warning of this coming anomaly,  the pilot was flying over the skies above the Atlantic Ocean one moment and the next moment the plane’s instruments started failing.  Cut off from satellites, and all other radio frequencies, the pilot was unable to get a response from over his radio. Seconds after that, the plane immediately comes under attack by a flock of giant winged beasts. The plane started tearing apart mid air; the pilot had no choice but to attempt an emergency landing on water.

The plane managed to slowdown just enough before it split into two, right before hitting the water. It did not take long for the plane to start sinking into the deep sea. Underwater predators saw an opportunity for a free meal and started attacking and eating the drowning passengers.  Then a light came from above the water, it frightened the predators away saving some of the passengers from a terrible fate. The light was followed by nets, fishing nets, cast out into the water to catch the survivors who were swimming above the surface.

Chapter 1: Arrival Cats 
The men who commanded the nets were not completely human. They had big eyes, large pointy ears and fur all over their body. The survivors were taken to shore, still caught in the nets; they were dragged along the sand and stripped of their fine clothing. In addition to the hot tropical sun pressing on their naked skin, the survivors were also being observed closely by these curious cat-like creatures.  A lot of them looked curious some worried, and the others had only the vision of profit gleaming from their eyes.

“Imperials?” one of the cat people said.

“No, they do not look like imperials. It doesn’t matter who they are, they are trespassing in our lands.” A larger one replied.

“What do we do with them?” the first one asked.

“What we do with trespassers! Even if they fell from the sky, they are still trespassers.” the second one replied.

Chapter 1: Arrival Cats2 
The survivors were dragged some more and placed into the back of a wagon, a wagon that had iron bars for walls. The earthlings were taken to the town of M’hrr, a town populated by these cat people who took them.  They were paraded along the town naked and caged, this was a common practice used by the Nyanqin to show off their catch to the whole town before selling them.

Finally the wagon stopped in the middle of what appeared to be their town square.  There were hundreds of the Nyanqins, big and small, who were an audience to the coming auction.  

One of their captors stepped up on a wooden stage and addressed the crowd. “Behold! Today’s menu is Human trespassers! We found them squirming on the sea after their ship crashed. Bring them out one by one!”

The Nyanqins pulled out a young girl American from out of the cage and held her up on the stage for all to see. “The price for this one starts at 400 Gil!

The girl was unconscious the whole time, she was sold to a lecherous old Nyanqin who ran a brothel.  The next one to be auctioned was an adult male, a cop; he was awake the entire time and had been waiting on an opportunity to escape. When the cage doors opened, he made a mad dash out into open. The citizens were frightened and steered clear from the human as he tried to run away.  J’asha, a Nyanqin hunter, had the fleeing human in his sights. He drew his bow and let an arrow loose several feet ahead from his target. The arrow flew out from his bow, into the air, and plunged into the fleeing human’s skull.

Chapter 1: Arrival Cats4

“J’asha! What have you done!? That wasn’t yours to kill!” the auctioneer said to the hunter. J’asha only growled back and left. The auctioneer looked really pissed; he signaled two of his men to go follow J’asha.

“What a waste! Let’s continue the auction! Bring out the next human!”

(If you are not in M'hrr, you may start RPing elsewhere or you can wait for us to arrive in  the city of Drakestone for the Fighting Pits.)
Back to top Go down
https://ffmsl.rpg-board.net
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

XP : 60786
Love : 5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySun May 03, 2015 10:42 pm

Before the anomaly.

"It wasn't supposed to be like this." 

I was sitting on the window seat, enjoying my view of the atlantic ocean while listening to my micheal jackson mp3 collection. I had strapped my seat belt extra tight because it made me feel more secure. My mom just died and now I am on a plane headed to where my dad is. Things are happening so fast it's like the universe is holding down the fast forward button. It wasn't supposed to be like this, it wasn't. 

2 years ago, on my birthday, my mom took me to the fair for the first time. She saw how happy it made me and so she promised me that every year, on my birthday, we would go... together.

The next year my mom go really sick, she had to go to the hospital and had to stay there for a very long time. I had to stay with my mom's friends, people I don't really know, they didn't treat me very well...

The next year my mom was feeling much better. She even quit her job so she could spend more time with me. On my 10th birthday, my mom and I went to the fair for the last time. Sometimes I could hear my mom cough very loudly and when I go to check her, she's always rinsing her mouth. I didn't know that my mother was dying...

A night before my 11th birthday I heard a loud thump, I ran down the stairs and found my mom lying motionless on the floor. My heart stopped, for a moment I thought she was dead. I was relieved to see her still breathing. I rushed to the phone and dialed 9-1-1...

15 minutes and 27 seconds later, the ambulance arrived in front of our home. I opened the door to let them in. I turned my head and looked over my should to where my mom was...she was....

A sudden and violent shake pulled Eishi out from his thoughts. 

"What's is going on?" I thought to myself. The lights on the plane went on and off, I looked at the window and saw something staring back at me. It was dark and had wings, it looked at me like it was going to eat me.

Another violent shake, this time I could hear the sound of metal ripping apart. Suddenly the plane started to descend very rapidly. The passengers started screaming even before the oxygen masks dropped down. I had trouble reaching mine, my seat belt was strapped in too tight I couldn't reach the mask it was dangling around too quickly for me to get a hold of it. Finally after so much struggle I was able to grab hold of the oxygen mask, thank God...  But just when I finally had a brief moment of delight, the plane broke into two parts. We fell into the ocean and started sinking very very quickly, before I knew it we were already underwater.

I had taken in one breath of air from the oxygen mask before it was flooded in by sea water. It hard to see under the sea, but I could feel something moving around us. I had to swim out but seat belt was still strapped on. I started regretting putting the seat belt on too tight now. I struggled a good 10 seconds, which felt more like 20 minutes, before I was able to break free from the seat belt. And then I swam up, up towards the light. I took a big gasp for air upon reaching the surface. Finally it felt like I had survived but all of the sudden a rope net landed on top of my head, like a fish I was pulled in along with the net, there was no swimming away from it we were caught...

Our captors, they weren't human. They looked like cats but they were standing up, walking like humans and talking like humans. This must be a dream because there was no other way to explain it. I was still deciding if this was a dream or not when all of the sudden these catmen started taking off all our clothes and out stuff. They stripped us and made us all fit inside this dirty and cold cage, naked. I could do nothing, I was afraid they might eat me and so I covered up my eyes and hid behind the person next to me.

I was hiding for so long that I didn't realize that we had entered into their town. The wagon suddenly stopped and all around us hundreds of these catmen stood and judged us with their eyes. We were being sold like poultry, no wait like pets that was a better way of looking at it. One lady was already sold, it made me wish that I would get sold to a nice catperson, no wait why would I want that?

I just wanted to go home, everything was still unreal to me. I just wanted to go home, this can't be real it must be all a dream. I just want to go-

And then panic. One of us escaped and for a moment I thought he would actually make it, that he would escape and call for help so that we could be rescued somehow. But then an arrow drove into the man's head, stopping him and dropping him on the ground, he was dead.

Realization struck me. This was no dream, it was a nightmare. "It wasn't supposed to be like this..."
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

Love : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 9:19 am

William De sota watched from the cage.  He felt pity for the poor girl that was sold but not enough to do anything.  While others looked scared or angry William just looked.  He took in everything silently, he spent a moment to shake his head at the cop who tried to escape.  "These people are fools we are in a strange new world, and instead of looking at this exciting world and waiting to learn about it they moan, cry and foolishly try to escape."  He thought as he looked around the village.  

Sure he was not keen to be a slave, however running off half cocked would only get an arrow in the head.  But an even greater truth was he wanted to explore this new place.   To him this presented a chance for adventure, to see a new world.  He was annoyed they took his book satchel... not that the water soaked books would be readable he was just irked they would take them from him.  "But this is a whole new world, new things to see, and new books to read.  All I need to do is get out of here"  He thought to himself. 

These others could cry, moan or try needless acts of bravado he would bide his time and when an opportunity arrived he would escape to explore this new world.  But for now he just relaxed and continued watching the show.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

XP : 16706
Love : 2

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Maria was just getting ready to head out of town when she saw the wagon roll in with people inside. It wasn't anything too odd, she had certainly seen odder occurrences around the village. As she saw the first human, the young girl, be sold to the brothel owner she hissed quietly. It wasn't really any of her business, but she never liked the man and thus felt bad for the girl either way.

Though she had wanted to leave immediately, Maria couldn't help but move closer to inspect the humans more closely. Making sure she didn't get too close and upset the nyanqin selling off the humans. She desperately wanted to ask them to tell her stories of what their lives had been like before now, but she felt now was a very bad time. So she simply decided to watch and see where each one was going to be sent to and who was buying them, her eyes full of curiosity and her slight grin free of ill-intent unlike many of the others around her.
Back to top Go down
Acruxis
Role Players
Role Players
Acruxis

XP : 42458
Love : 1

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 8:10 pm

Chaos.

Blurry Visions.

People Screaming. People praying.

Turbulence.

Pain.

The sound of windows breaking, high pitched winds drowning out the screams as part of the plane gets torn out.

People being tossed around.

Fear.

Inevitable Silence.

…Death.

His hands clenched tight to the arm rest in the seat. Those were the only things he could remember. Tiny little tidbits, flashes of events. And in those quick moments that seemed like a looping nightmare, Sylvan felt like it was an eternity, so quick yet so slow. A lot of things happening at the same time. Yet he couldn't move, his heart seemed like it would burst of his chest, it kept pounding in defiance of what his mind knew yet would not comprehend.

The Inevitable Death, that comes to all beings. The People screamed around him, however he did not have this luxury. The words, the emotions he wanted to bare did not surface, it got stuck inside his throat, like a lump, as if an apple was shoved down his throat and he was unable to swallow nor chew it.

While others screamed and prayed, his only act of defiance was a gasp so fragile, one could mistake it as a whimper or a soft inhale. The Oxygen masks hung all a strewn being thrown all over by the wind, at its mercy. Luggages were falling out of the compartments, hitting people as it tossed around the plane like some pinball. Eyes glazing over, the chaos and the noise faded into the distance, slowly muted as if it were being pulled away.

Then the sun kissed his skin. He was back in the cold mountains of Europe. His Snowboard tucked under his left arm as he stood victorious, with people chanting his name from below and all over. He was back in Chamonix, in the alps of eastern France. He had just finished his fourth freestyle run. This was his most recent victory.

A fellow competitor tapped his shoulder as he looked at the people and the horizon beyond. He looked onwards with a melancholy look on his face, longing for something he cannot even understand what.

"No mountain is high enough for you eh?" the older man laughed as he tapped the raven-haired young man. "I'll be looking forward to your jump!"

Chapter 1: Arrival Large

My Jump..? He replied inwardly Do I always have to jump over mountains?

Isn't that what I have been doing all this time? Jumping over mountains--problems?

A short gasp for air pulled him away from his trance and returned him to the hellish experience at hand. It was getting harder and harder to breathe now--as Sylvan tried to reach for the oxygen mask, his eyes widened as he saw a big blue splash go out from the front of the plane towards him faster than his heartbeat going wild.

The rush of water hit him hard, his nose and chest feel like he hit pavement, his mouth opened due to the pain but only more air rushed out of him, and he felt weaker. His body felt cold. His eyes slowly dimming.

This is familiar… he thought. Just like that day...

Sylvan remembered the day he almost died when his father beat him up and then strangled him. The sensation of fear…of death, of silent defiance against this cruel fate. His hand twitched, He saw…things. Things he would normally fear, but at his current state, his mind couldn't even process the fear of the creature anymore.

Jump... Were the final words he thought.

His eyes closed, and soon his consciousness followed.

Back to top Go down
Zephyros
Role Players
Role Players
Zephyros

XP : 58721

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Yui was dreaming in her unconscious state, her body completely limp as she was stripped and put into the wagon, her mind flipping through the memories it stored. The memories came almost like a picture book, seeing only moments of events yet hearing everything going on around her in the memory.

She could remember the convention and the great time she was having, but her mind was visually fixated on the moment where she was looking over an Allenby figure from G Gundam. She could hear the crowds chatting around her, she could hear her friend talking to her and encouraging her to buy the figure and even remembered trying to discuss the price with the booth owner in sign language. But her mind stayed fixated on the figure itself, making out her own hands holding the box and everything in her field of view while looking at the box, but only from that one perspective.

Suddenly the picture changed from the figure to the back of a vehicle while looking out the window. It was a beautiful day out with no clouds in the sky, her friend was riding with her and talking about some of the panels she had attended. She remembered that they were in a taxi in route to the airport, she could also remember the distinct smell of a cigar that the driver was smoking.

The image didn't last long before shifting to the airport, remembering being wished good luck by her friend and to "not crash the plane". She could remember going through the metal detectors as the image started to shift, becoming more fluid as she walked to the bathroom and bumped into a lady running out of it. She could remember the entire interaction as the lady called her a "stupid bitch" and continued on her way. Her memories were getting less and less picture book-ish as she washed her hands after going to the bathroom, she was walking to the gate to board her plane.

She felt apprehensive as she neared the gate, never really having taken a liking to flying around. Her memories were becoming even more vivid as she could feel herself removing her backpack, remembering digging through the bag for her plane ticket and handing it to the lady. She put her backpack back on and started walking along the jetway. She walked for what seemed like forever, the level of apprehension increasing with each step until she was finally on the plane and seated. She had attained a first class ticket, so she was guided up to first class where she took a window seat.

She managed to slowly calm herself as the other passengers boarded the plane, taking about half an hour for everyone to get on board. The plane began moving as it taxied to the runway, everything going dark for a few moments as she heard the engines start up and immediately closed her eyes. She could feel the vibrations and the sudden lift as the plane took off into the sky, a feeling she did not appreciate in the slightest. She reopened her eyes once the plane was above the clouds, staring out of the window and watching the clouds in order to relax.

She hated flying, but she always enjoyed the view from above the clouds. It took her about twenty minutes out of the seven hour flight for her to get bored with staring out the window, however, so she decided to take a nap to try to pass the time. She could remember waking up abruptly to a shaking plane and staring out of the window, barely making out some sort of creature for a brief moment before the oxygen masks dropped down. The engines were failing and one had even burst into flames, the lights were flickering on and off for a brief moment before cutting out completely.

Panic flowed through the interior of the plane as the passengers began to scream, many of them buckling themselves into their seats. She grabbed her breathing mask and put it on as a wave of dread washed over her, she knew that deep down the plane was going to crash. Her memories seemed like they were going into slow motion as she watched the ocean approach from her window seat, forgetting to buckle herself in as she held the mask to her face with one hand and could feel herself gripping the armrest as hard as she could with the other.

She closed her eyes just moments before impact, but could remember the feeling of the plane hitting the water and skipping once. She could remember the horrible sound of metal being torn as the wings simply fell off from the second bounce, the plane skipping across the water briefly. She opened her eyes after the impact and saw a number of passengers already injured in the very brief moment before water burst into the plane and dislodged a fire extinguisher, launching it directly at her. Yui could remember the feeling of water and the fire extinguisher nailing her on her left temple, then nothingness.

But with a blinding pain in her left temple, Yui awoke with a very audible gasp, much like someone who had held their breath too long. She gripped one of the bars instinctively and started to try to pull herself to her feet, her muscles flexing very notably. She wasn't a bodybuilder by any means, but her years of training had left her quite fit. She failed to get to her feet as she was still woozy from the shot to the head, falling back down onto her rear as she slowly opened her eyes. She noticed the bars first as her vision was slowly restored, her eyes feeling as if they were on fire for a moment as she rubbed at them with her hands. She must have been out for a while if her eyes felt that way, she thought.

It was then that another shot of pain went through her like a lightning bold, her left hand moving up and touching where she had been hit by the fire extinguisher. It left a good-sized black and blue bump on her temple, with a small cut in the dead center of it. She could feel dried blood around the bump and traced it down the side of her face, having bled pretty good from such a small wound.

Her vision returned fully as she finally took notice of the corpse laid out in the open with an arrow in his head, then realized that she was completely nude and in some sort of cage with a bunch of other people. She covered herself with her hands immediately, her cheeks turning red as she moved to part of the cage with seemingly less people. It was then that she noticed the large cats. Large cats that were moving around on two legs, large cats that were clothed and speaking to one another.

She closed her eyes and rubbed them for a moment, thinking she was hallucinating. She reopened her eyes to find even more cat-folk than before looking at the cage. "Well this is one hell of a dream" She thought as she uncovered herself and gripped two of the bars, using them to pull herself to her feet. She could recognize that she was in obvious danger, even if it was a hallucination or dream, so she took to her feet to try to regain her senses.

She tilted her head to the left and shook it slightly, trying to clear any saltwater that might be in there before doing the same with the right ear. It was then that she heard something about an auction and finally realized what was going on, so she did what anyone else would do in her situation in a possible dream.

She punched one of the bars to make some noise and made the scariest face she could muster, making sure to get a lot of the cat-folks attentions before bringing both her hands up. She figured they most likely would not appreciate what she was doing, but her middle fingers went up and she flipped them all the bird. She was pissed off over the idea that she was being sold and had decided to show it in the only way she was able to do so, by flipping them all off.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 9:49 pm

When the female redhead punched the cage bars it silenced the crowd for a moment, but right after their brief pause they laughed. The human even made a distinct hand gesture at the Nyanqins, but their lack of knowledge about the sign made them think it was hilarious. A small Nyanqin, not taller than a three feet, picked up a pile of chocobo dung, run up to the redhead girl and threw it at the cage. The chocobo feces splattered on the cage bars and parts of it flew towards the humans.

The crowd laughed harder, but was silenced by the auctioneer. "Enough! Enough! It's time for the next item! Bring out the boy!"

The Nyanqins working the slave trade aimed their spears and swords at the humans should they try anything. They opened the doors and pulled out the young human boy (Eishi). They dragged him up the stage for everyone to see. "This one is young and tiny! He'll make a good cup bearer! Or perhaps dinner! The price starts at 100 Gil."

The bidders started yelling out their bids. But one voice broke through them all.

"20,000 Gil. For all of them."

Chapter 1: Arrival Cats3

"Meera... You got that coin with you?" the auctioneer asked the hooded Nyanqin called Meera.

Meera reaches for a her pouch and throws it on the stage in front of the auctioneer's feet. Meera was a dark furred Nyanqin who wore a hood on her head and armor on her torso, and curved blade was hanging from her belt. She had a fierce look, the kind you'll find in a cold blooded killer. The auctioneer grinned after counting the coin and then signaled his men to prepare the humans for the sale.

"It's a pleasure doing business with you." the auctioneer said to Meera. In reply, Meera only nodded her head a little and then walked towards the wagon. She told the slave traders to bring the humans to her place.

Her place turned out to be a fighting stable. Meera had been in the business of fighting stables for as long as she knew. The Nyanqin who shot one of the humans, J'asha was in Meera's stables cleaning his blade with what looked liked blood. Meera had the humans kept inside steel barred cells, underneath her compound. The humans were washed and made to wear rags.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyTue May 05, 2015 5:09 am

Maria couldn't help herself with this one. "All of them being bought by Meera, huh?" She had to investigate, this was one adventure she couldn't pass up. Plus she was sort of friends with Meera, so she was allowed to enter and leave as she wished. So long as she kept her mouth shut about the errands she was sometimes sent on.

Maria didn't say anything, especially toward J'asha since she never liked him to begin with and was pretty sure the feeling was mutual. She just watched from a distance and waited for a chance to ask Meera what she planned to do with them. If they were going to be transported somewhere else to fight, she would definitely insist on going along. It would work as a free ride for her and as another means of protection for the wagon as well, she was certain the dark furred nyanqin would agree that it was for both of their benefit. Hopefully. If not she could always just follow it she supposed, but she hoped it wouldn't come to that.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:21 pm

William was surprised when one of the cat creatures bought the rest strait out.  They were taken to some sort of facility.  He saw the catperson who killed the cop.  It appeared that he worked here, he had also noticed a female catperson hanging around the wagon for whatever reason.

He wanted to look around more and talk to these strange people and learn more about where he was.  But before he could ask questions he along with the rest of the prisoners was ushered off to be washed and dressed in rags.  

While relieved to be back in clothes the rags were itchy and smelled.  But he set the thought aside and instead focused on the catpeople washing them.  "Thank you for the clothes,  might I ask where we are and what is expected of us?" William asked excited to find out where his adventure had led him.
Back to top Go down
Pigloo
Role Players
Role Players
Pigloo

XP : 60786
Love : 5

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyTue May 05, 2015 4:36 pm

There were no words to describe just what had transcribed. One moment I was being dragged out on to a stage, naked, and the next time I'm here trapped in a dirty old cell. I'm scared, I really thought for sure that the catmen would kill me and eat me. If it weren't for that cat lady, who bought us all, I'm don't know what would've happened to us. At least they gave us something to cover up, it was getting really cold and embarrassing. The cell was also bigger than the wagon, which allowed me some free movement and stretching.

I was confused and I was very scared. I just wanted to go home, I wanted things to be back to normal, back when mom was still alive and well. I was so very scared, my hands would not stop from trembling. I wanted to sit down and curl up, so I did. I felt like crying but I had tears, I left most of them back at home, back where mom is. I miss her so much... I just want to go home.

Eishi started remembering his mom's last moments. As she laid there on their floor, almost breathless, she pulled Eishi in closer to kiss him and whisper to him her final words. Words that would forever remain in his heart.

Before she died, my mom told me....

Suddenly one of the prisoners got up and thanked the catmen for the clothes and then he asked them some questions, like what was expected of us. In my head I was thinking, "Why would he ask that? Shouldn't he be asking where we are first? Shouldn't he be saying this must be all just a big mistake."

But it is not in me to argue with adults but of all the questions, that's the one he asked. Man, this guy must've hit his head pretty bad or something.

Without noticing it, Eishi's fear had regressed thanks to his sudden dislike for the man who asked the silly questions. But he was still very interested in what the catmen would respond and so he raised up his head and listened.
Back to top Go down
Zephyros
Role Players
Role Players
Zephyros

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyThu May 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Yui couldn't help but overhear that she had just been sold, fueling her anger further as she punched one of the bars once more. Her field of view started to tilt as her legs gave out from under her, falling onto her rear in a slump.

Her hand went back up to the bump on her head, touching it by accident and having a sharp pain shoot through her head as a response. She felt a wave of nausea wash over her from the brief moment of pain, gagging quietly as she sat there.

Then the wagon started moving. She didn't care much for where it was going, but kept a close eye on her surroundings as she and the other slaves were carted off to destinations unknown. She and the others were taken to some sort of facility and led underground. Yui took a look around the cell as she entered it, taking note of the person sitting down and curling up as she made her way over to a corner. She wanted to stay as far away from other people as possible. After all, this was a type of prison and she'd seen on TV what goes down in those places.

She gave them no fight as she was bathed, though she did wince every time the bump was touched. Yui accepted the ragged clothes and put them on the moment she was able to do so, as being naked was somewhat embarrassing when she wasn't too pissed off to care about it. The rags smelled rather profusely and were somewhat itchy, causing her to wonder why they bothered bathing them in the first place if they were just going to give them these dirty things to wear.

Her attention shifted to the man that had approached and was attempting to talk to one of the catfolk. Curious as to the contents of such discussion, she moved towards the man from her corner. She kept as much distance as possible in her attempts to hear the conversation. It sounded like the man was asking what their captors intentions were, but it also sounded more like he was excited than anything else.

She had to wonder what the man was thinking, but didn't give it too much thought as she continued to listen in, waiting for a response.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyThu May 07, 2015 6:57 pm

"You'll know soon enough." the Nyanqin, William was talking to replied with a devious grin on his face. Then he walked away after locking the gates of the cell. Meera approached the cell, a small army of loyal soldiers behind her, her walk was full of pride and determination. You could she through the way she moved that she was driven by purpose, the will to win.

She eyed down everyone in the cell, human and qin, looking through their souls, weeding out the strong from the weak. Then she pointed out some prisoners, those who she deemed unfit for battle Eishi, the young boy, was one of them. A handful of her loyal guards entered the cell with no smiles or emotion, just the will to carry out a command given to them by their master. The guards pulled out the ones Meera had pointed out and dragged them out of the cell, and then took them some place else. Some of the humans protested but ultimately they were afraid to do anything else. J'asha, who stood beside Meera, silenced their cries with a terrifying growl.

"I don't care who you are or where you came from. All of you now belong to me. The only reason why you are all still alive is because... none of you are not weak. Those men who I threw out are weak. And in this world the weak dies. In this world you either fight or die."

Meera turns to J'asha and gives him a slight nod, signaling him to start the next phase. J'asha is not one for words. He entered the cell and dragged out of the the humans and threw him at the center of the training grounds, where everyone could see. J'asha gave the man a knife, then one of the guards drags one of the deemed weaklings to the center of the training grounds and forces this man to kneel. The guard then tells the man, who J'asha dragged out, to execute the man in front of him or die.

The frightened man fell on his ass as he tried to retreat, he looked so afraid and had started crying and begging the other man not to do it. "Please! Please don't! I have a family please!" The man with the knife was trembling, he had very little choice either he kills the other man or he dies. Meera's men were quiet, they knew better than to cheer and taunt. Instead they stood silently like a predator watching it's prey.

The man with the knife was still trembling, but each time the other man backed away he followed. He began holding the knife tighter as he started to lean towards his decision. He raised the knife in the air, ready to strike it down, he looked so forced yet determined to live. Meera grew impatient, she gives J'asha the look and in a fraction of a second, J'asha cleaved off the head of the man holding the knife.

"If you hesitate, you die." Meera commented.

The other guard, pulled out his sword and stabbed the other man downwards, the sword penetrating through his mouth and through the other side till it hit the ground.

Meera had J'asha pull out another prisoner, this time it was William De Sota. The same scenario was played out. Sota was given a knife and a person to kill, one of the humans who he shared a plane with. His victim was a young woman, in her 20's. She was crying and shaking viciously from being so afraid. She couldn't even speak nor move because the intense fear had taken hold of her. Again, Meera and her men were silent as the dead. They watched William, smelling out the fear in him.
[/color]
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:04 am

William looked into the young womans's eyes.  He smiled kindly at her as he approached.  She looked to be a couple of years older then him.  As he approached her slowly he spoke.

"Sweety you are a pretty thing.  I think we could have gotten along heavenly.  This is such a scary world unlike ours the rules are different and horrid aren't they? such a terrible place compared to ours where everyone  has rights and rules.  We are taught do this and be good you get rewarded, don't do that or you will be in trouble."  he told her kindly as he reached her.  

Suddenly the kindness left his eyes. "It was downright boring, go to school, play sports.  But why it didnt matter, whether you were exceptional or mundane it ended the same at some dead end job.  Our world punished those who were strong told us all were equal.  And now in this world I see it is actual strength that matters.  The only reason we are slaves is because they are stronger then us.  So little deary I have a choice to make, treat you as an equal and we both die or accept I am strong with potential to be stronger and your just a scared weakling. "  William said as if it was an explanation.  

"See the fact is you are dead, you just didn't know it until you were culled.  Well I could put up bravado and try and save you.  But deary I need to live I am a player character with a destiny and you, you deary are merly an npc a weakling who doesnt matter."  

And without another word William stabbed the woman in the chest.  "Tho it is a shame, an npc like you would have made a fine plaything...but perhaps if I do well and get stronger they will let me have other pretty playthings."  William told her as the light faded from her eyes.  But just to be safe he gave her another stab for good memeasure.  As he listened to her final gurgled breath he let out a sigh.  It wasnt that he enjoyed killing her. it really was a sad necessity.  But for the first time he felt truly free.  This world was not his old boring world and he was willing to do what it took to truly enjoy the freedom of this world.  To do that. for now he had to survive and grow stronger.
Back to top Go down
Acruxis
Role Players
Role Players
Acruxis

XP : 42458

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:00 am

Silence, the stillness of death. the silence was so deafening. It was as if someone sealed him inside a room wherein he was devoid of all his senses. And then the silence slowly faded as he heard faint sounds, the sounds of crashing waves, and then light thuds like foot-steps over a wooden board, and then came the voices. He couldn't understand them but he could recognize the emotions, panic, relief, uncertainty, fear. As there were many people he could hear, so were the myriads of emotions that came with it. Like looking through a Kaleidoscope. His eyes slightly opened, the sun's glare stopped him from opening his eyes completely, he felt weak, his muscles felt like jelly, as the ocean waters seemed to pull him down.

Wasn't I…?

His eyes blinked slowly, he couldn't grasp the situation, and too many things happening at the same time. He couldn't comprehend, he wasn't ready to comprehend, after all he was just dying awhile ago and now he's floating above the ocean, inside a net along with dozens of people. God knows how he went up or who saved him, if ever he was saved, or Mayhap it had been dumb luck. No one knew, but what's happening right now is that he's alive. Though barely.

Struggling to keep awake, soon everything drowned out again as Sylvan's consciousness faded. While his body felt like it was being sucked into a black hole, being dragged down and heavy, Sylvan would yet again open his eyes this time to find himself inside a cage along with other people who were naked. He felt the nakedness, the humidity and the extreme feeling of being sticky with sweat. His eyes could not register the sights it saw quickly enough for his head to comprehend. He stared weakly at everyone, at the cage and at the plaza, trying to make out what was happening.

What the hell…? What the fuck is going on…? Cats? is this for real? was that person shot for real? Am I in hell? or am I hallucinating…?

However no matter how many questions he had, he would not be able to answer them all, as his eyes would slowly close again.

"Da…mn..it.." He cursed under his breath faintly.

and then nothing…he was back in the dark. In this all too familiar darkness or emptiness. However a cold splash would wake him up instantly. He would gasp for air and sit-up straight. A rag would be then thrown to his face as his shoulders heaved, while he was gasping for air.

Sylvan was mistaken though, that Rag. It was to be his new clothes. He put a hand over his head as it thumped loudly, the pain making him think he was going around in circles even though he was sitting on the floor.

"Wha…where..?"

Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:48 am

Meera gave J'asha a nod signalling him to proceed. J'asha takes the knife from William and manhandles him back to another cell, separate from the one where the other humans was being kept. Inside this cell, was a long wooden table. There was a small window at the end of the cell, a bowl of hot porridge was placed at the small window.

J'asha then moved back to the other cell and dragged out another human. This time he dragged out a redhaired girl, the one that punched the wagon's iron bars (Yui). She was a sprightly young lass, J'asha threw her in the center of the grounds and dropped a knife at her side. The guards pulled out another victim from the weak humans group. This time it was a small boy with short dark hair (Eishi). The guard picked up Eishi with one hand and threw him in front of Yui.

Again the Nyans were silent. They watched and waited.
Back to top Go down
Lufia_WhiteWolf
Role Players
Role Players
Lufia_WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:55 am

Maria had the kind smile on her face vanish for a moment when the man (Sota) killed the woman on her knees. But her smile quickly returned. She rushed over to Meera as the redhead and the boy were brought into the grounds and whispered to her, "Hey, it is me, Nightshade." She gave her the usual half-smirk she gave to everyone that she was about to make a business deal with. "I want to make you a deal. Let me help train the recruits, I'll help get them in shape quickly. After all, you know I'm a good fighter. I ask only for one thing, a free ride to the fighting pits when this is done. Deal?" Maria silently extended her hand in Meera's direction, awaiting a silent handshake to show she was willing to make the deal. At least, that was the plan. Whether it would happen or not remained to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Ish'in
Admins
Admins
Ish'in

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 10:13 am

Meera did not bother to return the handshake to Maria. She knew how Maria's business dealings turn out. For her to suddenly make a deal during the initiation ritual could only mean that she needs this more than she's is making Meera think. Meera recognizes Maria's skills and knows that she is a capable person."A free ride to the Pits. Nothing more. Now keep quiet while the initiation is ongoing." Meera said without turning her eyes away from the two humans in the center of the grounds.

Meera was teaching the new recruits the lesson of life and death. She hasn't revealed to the new bloods what they will be doing exactly but she's showing them what they need to do to survive.
Back to top Go down
Zephyros
Role Players
Role Players
Zephyros

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Yui didn't much appreciate being dragged or thrown anywhere, turning and giving J'asha a glare with a look on her face that was very indicative of what she was feeling. She was very clearly pissed as she grabbed the knife and turned her attention to the boy, slowly standing to her feet. It was the kid that had been curled up in the cell before, a weakling in appearance for sure.

She knew it couldn't be easy on anyone, being in the situation that she now found herself in. But the kid was obviously distraught to begin with and now, the boy wasn't even being given a fighting chance. If this wasn't a dream, she thought, then she would be saving the kid and staining her hands further with the blood of another. She gave her head a quick shake, remembering the mess that was made when she nailed her sparring partner in the eye with a training spear.

She couldn't speak or even know if the boy could understand what she was about to do, starting to sign "Sorry" repeatedly with her free hand as she drew back the blade with the opposite. She hated knives for their up close and personal nature, but hated them even more in her current situation.

She took aim for the young boys heart, hoping to all the powers in the universe that she struck true. She was trained with a spear, not a knife, so she would be considerably less accurate with the knife than a spear, but she wanted to spare the child the pain of having to endure the life of a slave. She signed "Forgive me." to the boy before taking the knife in the opposite hand, her feet pushing dirt around as she took up a standard stance from her martial art, securing her position as she took a deep breath.

She exhaled as the muscles in her arms flexed, displaying what years of training had given her as she poured all she had into just getting herself to do what she was doing. The blade thrust toward the young boy with notable speed as she focused her eyes purely on the boys heart, not wanting to leave the child wounded.

She struggled hard to fight the urge to close her eyes, hoping in her mind that this was just a dream, everything seeming to move in slow motion as the blade drew ever closer to the boys chest...

Attack
Stab with Knife (0/0/0/0)
Damage: 100
Target: Eishi
Stamina Cost: 0

User Stats:
HP: 870
ST: 300
STR: 100
DEX: 250
MAG: 5
DEF: 162
MDEF: 132
Back to top Go down
*bot ffmsl DICE
Battle Bot
Battle Bot
*bot ffmsl DICE

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 12:26 pm

The member 'Zephyros' has done the following action : FFMSL Dice

'Physical (P)' :
Chapter 1: Arrival FACEDICEATTACK_zpsf9a3d533
Result :
Chapter 1: Arrival Phit
Back to top Go down
Azure
Role Players
Role Players
Azure

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Enter Svendas

Traveling a great many distances and visiting various cities wasn't anything new to Svendas.  Even M'hrr was familiar to him as he has been here before and has gotten to know the locals quite well in both gathering supplies for the guild and recruiting new prospects.  Orphans who had no home or those who seek to better themselves were some of the individuals he'd recruited in the past.  

As he walked down the street, Svendas sees the markets were buzzing with selling and trading various goods, weapons and armors; pretty much anything was sold and traded at the Nyan market.  But to svendas, he's all well much aware of the dark side of this nyan town which was the slave trade.  In matter of fact, he recruited a few to the "Guild" a number of occasions.  

Svendas surveyed his surroundings as he continued walking the street while browsing the shops for good he'll need to take back with him.  To himself, "Well, things are relatively the same as it's usually is; guess that's one of the good qualities about M'hrr" He soon paused and stopped in his tracks for a few moments and was seemingly drawing a blank.  ". . . . ."

"ah....what did I need to get again?" 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Arrival
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next