Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
The RP is on Season break. FFMSL will return for its 4th Season on 2019 ^^
Final Fantasy MSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Play-by-Post RPG

HomePortalPublicationsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The StoryThe LoreCharactersMy Player

Room 1 PVERoom 2 PVPRoom 3 STSRoom 4 PTS

Game GuideSkillsTransactionsGame Room

Chapter 1: Arrival

Go down 
+2
SkylordAndy
Vangran
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vangran
Role Players
Role Players
Vangran

XP : 53018
Love : 1

Chapter 1: Arrival Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 9:17 am

Chapter 1: "Arrival"

There was a bustling crowd in Drakestone today, as there was plans for fighting in the Pits. Making his way through the crowd toward the Pits was an armored male, wearing a trench coat with one sleeve and a long blue scarf. Now, it wasn't terribly difficult to move through the mass of people in his way, what with him being able to maneuver with a fair amount of grace. A blond head of ruffled hair broke through the market he had been walking through, and soon the rest of his body followed. This man's name was Thomas Alexander, knight of the Padilla Empire.

He wasn't normally one to watch such events, but this time, he had heard rumors of something strange being seen in the sky, although what that was is unknown to him. He had already acquired a seat inside, and was merely making his way to claim it. This round of slave fighting was already announced as something special. Ser Alexander wanted to see just how much.
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

XP : (-)

PostSubject: Chapter 1: Arrival    Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 11:44 am

A young man with electric blue hair was standing in drakestones town square looking at the questboard that was located in the middle of the stone circle with people going here and there doing things that hardly concerned the young man. 

"Now lets see here... explore a dungeon, subjugate a nest of viscous orks, protect a rich guy from bandits... aren't all these too freakin difficult?!"

His eyes scanned the board, since he was a bit of a slow reader he hadn't noticed the amount of time passing. 

"Jeeze, there has to be a least one quest around here that someone like me can take!"
Back to top Go down
[][][][]
Moderators
Moderators
[][][][]

XP : 251911
Love : 4

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm

Drakestone Markets

Agnes was taking a stroll down the markets looking forher next meal. Eversince her trip frm Doragul, she had always een extremely hungry ALL the time.  Despite her monstrous hunger,  she was very picky with what she wated to eat. She judged them by how delicious it looked and how it smelled. One time she went so long without food that she imagined eating human meat.

That fried eel looked delicious and so did that roast beef.  If only she had money~  If it were possible she'd turn herself in for the reward money ad use the money to buy lots of food. But if she turned herself in, she wouldn't be able to buy anything from behind bars. While strolling around she saw a poster of her posted on the quest board. They still had her hair wrong but it was a close sketch. She tore up the poster and threw it on the ground.

She went to a food merchant and started asking him in an annoying fashion how much does everything in his stall cost. She was trying to distract the merchant while she attempted to steal a slice of roast ham using her feet.~ Once she's grab a hold of the ham with her toes she places it inside a bag that she placed on the ground.~♥
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

Love : 0

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:30 am

The town of Drakenstone was home to many groups.  On of the most dangerous was the order of the freelances a mercenary guild that thought itself an order of knights.   They were a guild of bullies and extortionists.  They charged the merchants for protection and took whatever they wanted.  The only reason the city put up with them was for the steady stream of fighters they dragged in for the pits.  

(For skylord)
On this day a group of them were patrolling rhe market on the lookout for thieves.  Any shoplifters would be tossed into the pits.  They were chatting happily about the recent slaughter of a thief at the hands of some horrid butcher.

A couple of them passed a young blue haired man looking at the quest board and they laughed at him.  "Go home and play with wooden swords wirh the other children.  You are far to young for any of them quests."  one of them laughed.

Another freelance looked him up and down and said.  He is green I give you that but I smell potential,  I shouldn't be telling ye this kid but we recently lost some good men exacting a tax on a caravan.  So we are holding invitations to our group.  All you need do is win several matches in the fighting pits and you will be in.  You will be privy to the best equipment in town, gil out yer gills, and other perks" the man said with a grin.  "So what's your name? I will put it on the recruitment list and the boss will be sure to watch your fights."  the man said with interest.

(for Agnes)
Elsewhere Agnes's thievery was not unoticed.
A voice spoke up softly behind her.  "You must be new in town.  It is unwise to steal in this town.  Unless you wish the fighting pits to be your new home" the speaker was a little old lady.  She had a friendly face but spoke solemnly of the fate of thieves in this town.  

"The only thieves left in this town are the freelances themselves."  the old lady spit out dislike in her voice.  "They take what they want from us all and are tolerated for the fighters they bring in."  

Apperently her words had drawn attention because several freelance knights were approaching the stall.  "What is going on here?" They asked looking at the two.  Are you spreading hate slander about us again?" they asked "for if you are the boss was clear it is to the pits with you.  Maybe you can have the same cell your theif of a grandson once occupied. " they laughed cruelly.

"My grandson was no thief he stole medicine to help his mother while she was sick."  she said sadly with a hint of anger.

"Stealing is stealing.  And when you steal froma merchant you steal from us.  And we keep the peace now come on oldtimer.  Your coming with us."  the guards said as they grabbed the old lady to drag her to the pits.

(For Vangran)
One of the higher up freelances saw the Knight and walking up to him said gooday sir.  What brings a fine knight to our humble town.  Are you here to watch the fights...or are you perchance looking to sign up for some of the fights.  Get some practice in on the condemned?" the freelance asked trying to weedle out why an unknown knight would come to town.
Back to top Go down
Vangran
Role Players
Role Players
Vangran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 2:53 am

Thomas' walk to the Pits was halted by a member of a local mercenary guild that he had done his best to avoid in the past. Not that he was scared of them, oh no. It was more that he didn't want the trouble that interacting with them would undoubtedly bring. But alas, it seems that his avoidance of them has come to an end. 

Although, the prospect of getting in some exercise, even against a gutter rat, would be refreshing. His sword arm was getting rusty with these past three weeks of not fighting. He thought about a moment longer.

"Hmm, an interesting prospect. But what would it cost me to participate in such an event? Is there something you are after that would necessitate having a knight such as myself partake in such a thing?" He spoke in a calm voice, not wanting to offend, although aware that he might anyway. He was curious to know the freelance's answer, especially as he wouldn't join if it wasn't up to par.
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 5:28 am

Ace turned to the man with a confused look on his face. "Fights? I heard about the fights here in that arena... i also heard that alot of the fights are to the death. That aint a fight or even a brawl, thats just murder."

He scratched his head an glanced back at the questboard. "I do need money though... so let me ask you something, are these fights im going to be in to the death or is it until the other guys knocked out?"
Back to top Go down
[][][][]
Moderators
Moderators
[][][][]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyFri May 08, 2015 6:36 am

Drakestone Markets

The old lady took Agnes completely by surprise. She did not expect to be seen let alone by an old lady. It was embarrassing and, not to mention, quite troublesome if she had gotten caught stealing. Whatever she did, she did it out of pure necessity. Truth be told she could choose to just turn the entire market into a pile of ash, but she chose to remain hidden. She quickly kicked her bag away and turn towards the old, meddling lady, and gave her a big smile.

"Hello grandma! Nice day isn't it~?" it was a statement she used to fish out information about her recipient's current state of mind. Was she going to tell on her like an old little prickly bitch? Or was she going to do something else~? As it turns out the old lady was just bitter about something. She talked and Agnes listened, or atleast she tried to listen. Agnes would soon forget whatever the old hag was telling her in a few minutes. But right before anything else could happen a boyband of wannabe knights came up to them and bashed granny in the face with threats.

Threats~ A word Agnes suddenly found particularly funny. Perhaps it was her other half, the one that had been taking over at times when she losses control. She hasn't been the same since Doragul, fortunately it had been awhile since her last incident.

As the old lady was being taken away by the boyband, Agnes laughed. "Oh~ I'm sorry I couldn't keep it in~" Agnes said. She felt totally not like her, she would totally not do something like that. In her skin she felt it slowly creeping. The malevolent power that slept inside her was waking up. She did not approve of the old lady being arrested like so, but she feared that if she intervened then something far worse might happen. The last thing she wants is a repeat of incident that destroyed the ship she was on a few months ago.

So no~ Agnes did not help the old lady. She turned away and walked away~ She couldn't get passed 4 steps though. Her conscience and spirit or morality wouldn't allow such injustice.

"On second thought." She turned back around and said. "I think Freelance Knights are an absolute joke~ You use the Pits to scare people, knowing that they won't turn away meat~ Anyone who's anyone can offer people to the Pits~ What makes you guys so special~? I mean~ Look at your faces you all look like you came out of a chocobo's ass.~"

Sudden embarrassment~ Agnes was totally blown over by her own actions. Never in her life had she dreamt of speaking to other people like that. But she couldn't deny how good it felt to finally let out all that stress.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:55 pm

(For Vangran)
The Freelance smiled and said "that is the right question.  The price is your life, in the fighting pits even in exhibition matches death is a possibility.  But for a volunteer the rewards can be worthwhile.  The fame, prestige, and of course the gil.  Unlike the slaves that are forced into the pit for the profit of their masters a free fighter can keep the profits of the battle.  Of course the freelances get a finders fee, and credit for bringing you in."  

As the freelance explained he extended a hand.  "The name is Nigel Thunderfoot, and if you are interested I could set up a sparring match to determine your prowess.  Honestly you would be doing me a favor.  Would rather a good sparring session then wandering the market in search if thieves.  Between you and me I find willing warriors so much more entertaining then desperate souls forced to fight for life."  Nigel explained.   Unlike most of his compatriots Nigel was not fond of the bullying ways if the freelances and was happy to engage in actual training.  Plus it was easier to question warriors in combat rather then words.

(For Skylord)
The older freelancer looked him up and down and said.  "To the death is for slaves, and prisoners.  The pits often have exibition matches as well.  You know fir the kiddies whose mommas don't want them exposed to the brutality of the deathmatches.  There is less money in it but you need not worry of death."  the older man explained. He left out that death was always a danger in the pits he really needed the commision for signing the kid up, and what better way for the greenhorn to learn that lesson then in the pit.

"So can we get you in for a exibition match?  See if you are freelance material."  as he asked he once more held up the sign up scroll.

(For Agnes)
On the otherside of the market Agnes was seeing more of the brutal side of the freelances.  "kid this isn't your concern this is between us and those anarchists who wish to destabilize the peace of the city."  the thug smiled when she turned to walk away.  Until she turned back and questioned the authority of the freelances.  The bigger of the two cracked his neck and walked menacingly towards Agnes, pushing the old lady further into the grip of the smaller one. 

"Now kiddo that wasn't very nice to say.  Sure his face us a bit yellowed and he is quite ugly but that is no concern for an outsider.  Now you must be punished.  And as you sit in the pit's cells you will understand whose the joke and what gives us the right to offer others to the pit."  the big man laughed as he reached out to grab her.
Back to top Go down
Vangran
Role Players
Role Players
Vangran

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:24 pm

Curiosity piqued, the Padillian knight nods his assent. "I suppose it couldn't hurt to partake in this. It's unlikely that a slave could best me in any case (ooc: as long as it's not Juliet). So yes, I will fight in the Pits, just be sure to hold up on your end of the bargain."

Thomas reached out and shook Nigel's hand. While he might not have participated in death matches before, he had fought in pitched combat, which wasn't exactly to first blood, as many of the new recruits often found out to their dismay. The idea of dying wasn't new to him, so putting his life on the line for gold as opposed to some random artifact that the Emperor wanted would be refreshing (not that he'd ever say that out loud). Besides, he wanted to test the mettle of the incoming slaves. He might not have heard much, but he wanted to see what was so special about them, and his blade would the best thing for that.

"Just let me know where to meet up and when and I'll be there. This should prove to be an illuminating experience."
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySat May 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Nigel smiled glad to hear the guy wanted to check it out.  "There are no interesting fights today, but I can show you the freelancer base and we can spar in the trainung grounds."  Nigel told Thomas, motioning for him to follow.  

"You can use the facilities there for training, always a few of us willing to spar.  And truth be told many of our younger members could use some disciplined sparring partners...tho for now I want to see your skill for myself."
Back to top Go down
[][][][]
Moderators
Moderators
[][][][]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Drakestone Markets

"Don't touch me~!" Agnes said  to the knight. She hated some things and being touched by a stranger is one of them. Her eyes suddenly lit up with magical rune, bright blue in color. Suddenly the atmosphere in the markets changed, you could feel the magic building up in the air. Surges of Agnes' power popped out from mid air and appeared everywhere. The air around her danced, causing dust and other light weight matter to circle around her like she was in the center of a tornado.

This was merely a fraction of Agnes' awesome power, if she wanted it, she could turn this entire market and everyone in it into a pile of ash and ember. She powered up her magic and concentrated it on her palms and in one quick motion she raised her hands up palms facing the knight's face and balls. A spherical blue orb, surging with power, danced in Agnes' palms.

"So tell me pretty boy~! Are you feeling lucky~?" she taunted the ugly faced knight.
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySun May 10, 2015 2:42 am

The large knight stood boldly there looking Agnes in the eyes, whether brave or foolish none could really say.  His partner on the other hand was clearly cowed by the show of might, as he backed away his grip loosened on the old lady and she ran off into the crowd.  As she ran she called "Thank you miss i hope you mess them bullies up"

But even with the old woman gone trouble was only starting.  the large knight yelled at his partner until he drew his sword and began advancing on Agnes. As they prepared to strike a voice called out.  "Do not be stupid, she is a powerful magic user, can you not feel the power rolling off her.  it was like a beacon to us you are no match for her."  the speaker was a twenty something year old girl in robes carrying a dangerous looking dagger, on her robe was a large red heart.  next to her were two similarly dressed and armed individuals also drawing daggers.

"What and allow the Mage Masher unit take the credit for taking out this dangerous dissident, Yeah right it was us spades who found her and who will bring her in"  the large knight said arrogantly pointing at the spade emblem on his chest.  

The hearts generally referred to as the mage mashers were the anti magic squad of the freelances.  They were seldom seen in he market as they existed to counter the dangerous magics of mages.  As such the more territorial spades, the aggressive combat  squad of the freelances were annoyed at the interruption.       

rolling her eyes the girl leading this anti magic unit rolled her eyes. "fine if you wont leave then be careful, we already lost a unit of you cocky spades collecting "taxes" from that caravan the other day."  she said rubbing in the spades recent defeat.  she then turned to Agnes.  "Surrender stranger, You are outnumbered and we have rained the last five years on anti magic tactics you have no hope of winning,  Your choice is come quietly or fight."  the mage masher told Agnes with her weapon raised as the other two tried to flank her from either side, and the two spades came from the oppisite direction of the unit leader.  You have to the count of Five to surrender." As she spoke other guards were ushering the merchants and civilians to safety, on there chest was the symbol of the Black club.

ONE!
      TWO!!
                  THREE!!!
                             Four!!!! 

(Will Agnes choose to surrender into the freelances custody or battle her way to freedom??)
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:21 am

Ace looked at the board once more, sighed, and then promptly signed the paper. 

"I better get a good fight out of this. Its been a while since i was in a good brawl hahah!"
Back to top Go down
[][][][]
Moderators
Moderators
[][][][]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySun May 10, 2015 9:16 am

Drakestone Markets

Men~ They're always so cocky if Agnes fought these men it would be a massacre~ But these new comers who claim to be Mage Mashers look like they're in a totally different league. Agnes did not lower her guard~ She pressed the orbs in her hand together and the orbs changed shape into a magical sword. When she swung it, the sword dragged the air around it simulating a hurricane passing through the market. Again this was only a small display of her power to try and scare the thugs away, but this wasn't even close to the extent of her power she was still minding the innocent people around her. If she had swung that sword in full power, then there would be nothing left of the markets.

"You want a fight~!? Then come on~!"

I CHOOSE TO FIGHT THESE SUCKERS~!
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:49 pm

(For Skylord)

The Older man took back the paper, and looking it over said "Good, good.  OK now that that is settled allow me to take you to the freelance fighters den.  You can use the facilities to train, and most off duty freelance agents often hang out there, and a certain one likes to find an excuse to sneak back there even when on duty"  the old man said under his breath, "anyways many are open to spar with newcomers.  A piece of advice tho kid, watch out for the spades they can be a mean bunch."  The old man warned 

After putting the signed scroll into his pocket he reached out a hand to shake the youth's. Tattooed on his hand was the image of a Black Club  " By the way the name is Decimus welcome to the freelance fighter team."
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:20 am

Ace shook the mans hand and gave a huge grin. "Glad to be aboard! My names Ace and im gonna be the best freelancer in the whole wo-ACHOO!"

"Guh... allergies why? That was going to be such a cool moment augh..."

He then had a prickling sensation at the back of neck and turned with a scared look on his face to look at the mans face that was unfortunate enough to have been hit by his sneeze."

"Ah-i, i'm very sorry sir. Ahahaha..."
Back to top Go down
[][][][]
Moderators
Moderators
[][][][]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Drakestone Markets

Agnes defeated the thugs but not without getting hurt herself. She touched her woud and immeditely felt the bitter pain radiate from her injury. She did not kill any of her assailants, an embarassing defeat in front of everyone was enough punishement for what they've done~ However, even though she was being careful, she still contributed a little bit to the mess in the markets. Agnes put on a silly frown in jest to what she had done and shrugs.

"TADA~!" She said, hinting that her performance was over. She bowed to the crowd and got her back and the she left he market in a hurry.~

She brisked waled her say through the crowds, with her bag of stolen food, and made her way to an alley. "At last~" she said with a sigh of relief. Using magic only made her even more hungry. She felt the losing battle happening in her stomach, it was belly aching hunger. She looked around to see if there was anyone around her, no one was there~.

Agnes pulled out a large roast ham from her purse and started devouring it like a famished beast.~
Back to top Go down
Freelancer Sota
Moderators
Moderators
Freelancer Sota

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyTue May 12, 2015 3:28 am

(For skylord )

Decimus wiped his face off and gruffly said "bless you, but next time watch where you aim that.  Come now Ace we have a lot to discuss."  and he motioned for the lad to follow.  

"As an initiate I must teach you about life as a freelance.  We are an independent order of mercenaries.  We were once an order of hedge knights in Padilla until a slight to the emperor led to us being stripped of title and we came here in disgrace.  Since then times have been tough and many in the order have taken to less reputable means to get by."  the old man spoke of pride and he had a gleam in his eyes as he spoke.  Tho his face darkened when he spoke of the dark deeds done in the name of the group.

"Part of the trouble is that there are four squads in the Freelances.  The healer and anti mage squad known as the hearts,  the battle magic group the diamonds,  the assualt squad the swords... Sadly many of them have become bullies in these dark times, and then there is the squad I belong to the guardian group the clubs.  We act to protect our homes.  Tho all squads run missions each branch is only answerable to there own squads leaders."  Decimus explained as they headed towards the base.

(For Agnes)
As Agnesate her meal in the dark alley a clapping sound was heard,  she was not alone.  A bunch of robed nages were entering the alley from both ends.   From thr far end if the alley she heard "Ten pull them back I wish to talk with her alone."

"But maam look at the market she is to dangerous."

"Dangerous? Is that what you see?  Becayse what I see is a stranger in a strange city alone, cold, hungry, and now thanks to those brutes injured.  Back off and let me speak to her alone."

"Yes maam" the second voice said hesitantly but then all the robed mages left leaveing Agnes alone save for a middle aged woman carrying a sceptor topped with a large diamond and on her head she wore a small crown with images of diamonds pressed into the gold.  She walked towards the girl hand outstretched.  

"Don't worry sweety I'm not going to harm you I am just going to heal you, then I would just like to talk."  She reassured Agnes as her hand glowed and she began to heal the injured Mage.
Back to top Go down
SkylordAndy
Members
Members
SkylordAndy

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:17 am

Andy walked along with the man, it was a nice city when you looked past the things wrong with it. Well, the things wrong with any city of this size.

"Humu, i see. Magic, a shield, a sword, and a potion. I can see why these groups would be good." 

Ace talked as he walked. "But as a shield, what do you protect besides your homes? Do you protect others as well? Do you fight others to protect what you want to protect?"
Back to top Go down
[][][][]
Moderators
Moderators
[][][][]

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:19 am

Drakestone Markets

Agnes was busy eating so she did not notice the mage come near her until she saw the light of the mage's magic bounce off the wall in front of her. "Healing Magic~!?" she said in shock, seemingly unhappy about the fact that she was going to be healed by healing magic. Agnes bolted away using her quickness and pulled out her magical sword once more. She swung the sword around to keep the mages away the expression in her face are like a wild animal being cornered.

"Get that shit away from me~!" she warned the mages, the tone of her voice changed. Something about healing magic made Agnes' other self very edgy. Her face also seemed to have changed, looking more frightening and demonic. Her eyes were glowing with an eerie purple light and she was emitting a sound that was high pitched like something you'd hear when your ear is ringing~.

"I SAID~! BACK OFF~!" Agnes screamed at the mages with her other voice. Yet despite all the changes, Agnes was still in control of her body at least for the moment. She warned the mages to back off and leave her alone instead of just killing them all in the alley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1: Arrival   Chapter 1: Arrival Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1: Arrival
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next